Why become a member? ×

Jack Casady bag/case

highwayone

Fender sell a gig bag for the Coronado which is their part number 099-1622-206. On the basis that my Fender Coronado fits in the JC Epiphone hard case I think there is a good chance that the Jack Casady will fit in the Fender gig bag. Having said that the Fender gig bag is again not all that easy to come across, but it may broaden your options.

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/epiphone-premium-solidbody-bass-guitar-gigbag/901767?gclid=Cj0KCQjwzcbWBRDmARIsAM6uChXEJdgk9DgYwNumbLS9dIBSGkk3yvEuTlttcfLvVWZ825E-r4XyvuYaAthGEALw_wcB

I use this one. Little bit of a tight fit to get the zipper over the widest part of the body, but not too bad. Nicely padded and plenty of room for straps, cables etc.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On 18/03/2018 at 02:12, highwayone said:

This has probably been done before but I couldn't find anything so.... looking for a bag or case to house my JC but can't find one to fit and the epiphone case is like rocking horse poo to find!! Anyone managed to find a bag or case that it would fit into? Thanks.

i found this case at a starving musician shop.Fits the Jack Casedy perfect(tight not sloppy) less than $20.00. thought i'd share. i know how hard i had to look. Tags and model included.

ibanez case pi.jpg

ibanez case.jpg

ibanez tag.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 14/01/2019 at 09:32, Studio GC said:

The Epiphone gig bag works well. Nicely padded and not too expensive.

IMG_9508.JPG

Hello, struggling to understand wether this is a joke or serious? Does the body fit in the bottom there? 

1 hour ago, DDR said:

Hello, struggling to understand wether this is a joke or serious? Does the body fit in the bottom there? 

I think it's more to show the scale of the bag against the bass. 

Unless the bass has an absolutely enormous lower bout it looks like it'll fit nicely. 

🙂

20 minutes ago, Maude said:

I think it's more to show the scale of the bag against the bass. 

Unless the bass has an absolutely enormous lower bout it looks like it'll fit nicely. 

🙂

to be fair it has an absolutely enormous lower body…. can't seem to get it into anything

I think it's shocking that Epiphone don't include a gig bag with what is their flagship instrument. They managed to do it for the 20th Anniversary model after all.

I have had good results with Warwick's Rockbags for semi hollow bass. I think they're intended for their Star bass but fit the JC well.

15 hours ago, DDR said:

Exactly, just to show the scale. It was a tight fit, but a good fit.....as they say....

12 hours ago, neepheid said:

I think it's shocking that Epiphone don't include a gig bag with what is their flagship instrument. They managed to do it for the 20th Anniversary model after all.

I have had good results with Warwick's Rockbags for semi hollow bass. I think they're intended for their Star bass but fit the JC well.

At seperate times I've had the GFM acoustic bass hardcase which was massive for a short scale semi Ibanez Artcore AFB 200 , the actual Epihone JC hard case for a 5 string Starbass and the Warwick Rockbag which is a nice fit for my  current 4 string Starbass. The other case I have in which a Starbass fits is a Blake Bravo semi hard case which is now discontinued.

So…

The Protection Racket 7054-00 Acoustic Bass Guitar Case dimensions are :

17" x 50" x 5 1/4"

Jack Casady dimensions are :

16 3/4" Wide x 46" Long x 3 1/4" Deep. 

Do you think all that extra space will be too much?

• 11 months later...

If anyone's still following this topic...

Can't believe no one has mentioned these - they do the job really well. I got it for a Precision, but it also fits my Hagstrom Viking.

If it fits the Viking, it'll fit an Epi JC.

It's Thomann's top of the line, 30mm padding, loads of pocket storage, straps etc - really good product.

https://www.thomann.de/ie/thomann_e_bass_gigbag_premium.htm

• Like 1