Why become a member? ×

*SOLD*Warwick Thumb NT 5 String £1200*SOLD*
£1400

Josh

Hey all,

So this is more of a feeler right now. It’s my dream bass but it isn’t quite working in my current project as I’m using the B string more frequently and it’s starting to get problematic due to the pick up positioning. 

Ideally I’d like to replace it with a Warwick Streamer Stage 1 5 String, I’d be open to a Sadowsky or Spector 5 string trade as well. 

It’s a 2000 model, so it is just about 18 years old but it has really been well looked after by its previous owners. There are a few very minor dings here and there which I’ll try to show in the pictures. The electronics/hardware all work perfectly fine.  

Price:

£1200

I can post or it can be collected from Bridgwater, Somerset.

Thanks guys,

Josh.

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_2009.jpg

Edited by Josh

These are incredible instruments! There really is nothing else like a thumb NT! Especially a 5er and that B which is just so damn tight. 

The pup placement can take some getting used to but have you considered a thumb rest?

I have a Streamer S1 5er as well and again it's a very special bass but the tones are not really comparable IMO

• Like 1

On 17 March 2018 at 22:42, dyerseve said:

These are incredible instruments! There really is nothing else like a thumb NT! Especially a 5er and that B which is just so damn tight. 

The pup placement can take some getting used to but have you considered a thumb rest?

I have a Streamer S1 5er as well and again it's a very special bass but the tones are not really comparable IMO

I would hate to spoil the bass by adding a thumb rest. I knew beforehand that it might be problematic but I wasn’t involved in a project which required using the B as often, otherwise using it every now and again wasn’t an issue. Also, the mids can prove to be quite tricky as well as it is a very growly specimen!

Edited by MB1
Trade mentioned in post

My old bass, it's a great example of one, such a distinctive tone.  I concur with the above, tonally a SS1 is very, very different so it depends what you're after really. 

18 minutes ago, Kev said:

My old bass, it's a great example of one, such a distinctive tone.  I concur with the above, tonally a SS1 is very, very different so it depends what you're after really. 

I’ve had a couple of SS1’s before and I know they’re quite different tonally. Streamers have always been the all-rounder, they can do a bit of everything but still have that signature Warwick growl and high end clarity, they take far less work to make them work in a mix due to the mids being far less as intense. That’s pretty much exactly what I need right now :) 

Josh, Thumb NT is my dream bass,  I have a 5 string warwick,   its not a normal streamer,  but a $$streamer,  extremely versatile, bolt on neck,   Couple of minor marks on  bottom,  Ive just had to reorder an adjuster nut (plastic and it broke)  but otherwise its an insane bass, I wouldn't  even consider swapping it for anything but a thumb.  Not my one but pic for attention ( its this colour as well but black hardware not gold) 

warwick-streamer-double-buck-baskytara-original.jpg