Why become a member? ×

Connect Guitar to pc using a Behringer UCA202

Mickyk

I am trying to connect my Guitar up to my Pc  using a Behringer UCA202 which i have had sat in my draw for gods knows how long.Anyway because i have no amp at the moment so  i thought i would give it a whirl but i haven't the foggiest where to start.

?Can anyone help with how this thing connects up to PC.

To connect the UCA202 use the USB connector lead supplied with the device. The little end plugs into the UCA 202 and the larger, conventional USB connector plugs into a USB port on your PC.

Here's what it looks like:

wPmH3PY.jpg

Power up the UCA202, stick the little jack in the device and then the big connector into your PC's USB port. Hopefully your PC will recognise the device and install it. If a message comes up which says it can't find the driver you can either ask the PC to search online at Microsoft or (probably quicker) go to the Behringer website and see if there's a driver you can download. This may be in the 'support' section (if there is one).

If you're out of luck there, try searching google for 'UCA202 driver'. This may produce a result. 

Once you've got the driver follow any installation instructions. Then reconnect the UCA202 and try again. 

The above may work or may - instead - cause you to hurl your PC out the window and retire to the library with a bottle of scotch and a revolver. Installing drivers is a bastard.

If you haven't got the connector to hand, try contacting Behringer and see if they can supply you with a replacement.

4 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

To connect the UCA202 use the USB connector lead supplied with the device. The little end plugs into the UCA 202 and the larger, conventional USB connector plugs into a USB port on your PC.

Here's what it looks like:

wPmH3PY.jpg

Power up the UCA202, stick the little jack in the device and then the big connector into your PC's USB port. Hopefully your PC will recognise the device and install it. If a message comes up which says it can't find the driver you can either ask the PC to search online at Microsoft or (probably quicker) go to the Behringer website and see if there's a driver you can download. This may be in the 'support' section (if there is one).

If you're out of luck there, try searching google for 'UCA202 driver'. This may produce a result. 

Once you've got the driver follow any installation instructions. Then reconnect the UCA202 and try again. 

The above may work or may - instead - cause you to hurl your PC out the window and retire to the library with a bottle of scotch and a revolver. Installing drivers is a bastard.

If you haven't got the connector to hand, try contacting Behringer and see if they can supply you with a replacement.

thing is, how to connect his bass/guitar to those RCA inputs? Jack to RCA cable i suppose?

Edited by skidder652003

Links for the software are here. Audacity is one of the included programs.

http://www.musictri.be/Categories/Behringer/Computer-Audio/Interfaces/UCA202/p/P0484/downloads

You don't need to go through the V-amp or any other pedal. The ASIO4ALL driver will work for things like Guitar Rig or Amplitube but that wee thing will work on your PC without either. You do want a jack to RCA so visit Maplin 

https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-twin-phono-rca-to-stereo-14-jack-cable-15m-a04xf

Edited by kodiakblair

The uca202 is designed to be the link between a mixing desk or other device with line outputs and a pc, I was using the slightly more basic uca200 with my pc up till last week when I got a scarlett 2i4, it worked for me without any drivers on both Windows and Linux, if you want to hook a guitar into it then you need something with a guitar input and either line output or headphone output, a multi effect pedal would probably work with a headphone to 2 phono cable. Or a small mixing desk works well too, I was using a 5 input behringer one and connected the interface to the 4 phono connectors, gave me recording and playback. 

It's not a super high end interface but it worked well for me for a few years. 

Matt

• Like 1

Ignore any Behringer sneering; it's a good little unit that does a job and costs little. It's not ideal for what you want, however. How do I know..? I've got one, for exactly the same reasons as you. I don't use it; now, though; I replaced it fairly rapidly with a s/h Tascam 144 interface (bought through the Marketplace here; thanks again, Paul...). Why..? One has very little control with the Behringer. No way of setting the input level, not much in the way of monitoring options; the sound quality was OK when everything matched up and the stars were aligned, but my interface does a far better job all round; I have it permanently plugged in as my 'sound card' for my PC.
Recommendation: don't invest much, if anything, in the Behringer unit, despite its qualities. It's useful for recording DJ stuff, or HiFi output, but not best adapted for guitar/bass use. Look for a reasonable interface instead; they often come up in the Marketplace here for little money (and can be bought at budget prices new, too...).

Just my tuppence-worth; hope it helps.

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 2