Why become a member? ×

(SOLD) YAMAHA BB735a for Sale PRICE DROP!!!! £550
£700

lorin926

PRICE DROP --- >£625.  This matte black finish in these basses retails for £700 plus ....here's a good deal on a lightly used bass.  

Hello. I've got my Yamaha BB735a for sale. I bought it November 2017 from Yamaha London and have played it about twice a month at church since then. Reason for sale is that I thought I'd get settled in with the P/J tone ......but apparently my ears cannot forget their J-Bass & Soapbar preferences. I really thought the added versatility of the (fantastic) pre-amp would have satisfied me, but it has not. My ears still aren't comfortable with it. 

The bass is in mint condition, the protective plastic stickers are still in place on the pick guard and pre-amp compartment. I removed the little ones on pickups. This is a fantastic bass, added versatility for someone who loves the P/J tone. The pre-amp has a bypass switch which allows for the passive tone as well.  You can read about the full specs of the bass here on Yamaha's website https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/guitars_basses/el_basses/bb_2017/700_series.html#product-tabs

I'm based at a uni in West London, and would much prefer a pickup.

I'm also open to a trade for an Ibanez SRSC 805

BB735a Front.jpg

BB735a Back.jpg

Edited by lorin926
Edited for price drop, include more info

I saw this on the Gear Exchange group! I tried a BB435 myself at the Yamaha shop this weekend, never played one (except for an old 80s fretless) before and was really impressed by it.

This one doesn't seem to have the extended bridge bit for the B. Is it still a 34"? At a guess the other BB's must be 34.5 on the B, just out of curiosity

This really is a stunning bass and funnily enough I almost got that SRC805 at one point. If only!

Edited by ForestPoetry

All BBs are 34" at the low B. The only way you can get different scale lengths is to use fanned frets! The extended saddle is just a (ugly) fix to a bridge that didn't have quite enough room behind the saddle , the more upmarket BBs just have better bridges that don't need the extended saddle.

9 hours ago, ForestPoetry said:

I saw this on the Gear Exchange group! I tried a BB435 myself at the Yamaha shop this weekend, never played one (except for an old 80s fretless) before and was really impressed by it.

This one doesn't seem to have the extended bridge bit for the B. Is it still a 34"? At a guess the other BB's must be 34.5 on the B, just out of curiosity

This really is a stunning bass and funnily enough I almost got that SRC805 at one point. If only!

Hi, just as DannyBuoy is saying, it is definitely 34". I think one of the ways they're compensating is by running the strings through the body, which I read is supposed to give it just a tad more tension? Either way, the B does not sound floppy at all. 

Edited by lorin926
grammar

• 2 weeks later...
  • lorin926 changed the title to YAMAHA BB735a for Sale PRICE DROP!!!! £550
12 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Do you have an accurate weight for it please?

fretmeister, it's very light but can pump some serious volume and tone, one of the lightest and easiest necks on a 5 string I've played, and I've really small hands, beautiful bass and an amazing price, I'm not on a commission by the way, lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fretmeister said:

Do you have an accurate weight for it please?

Hi fretmeister! Unfortunately I don't know the exact weight of my bass and I don't have easy access to a scale to check it for you. However, on the website www.sweetwater.com there's are three Yamaha BBP35 basses; 2 with their weights listed as 10lbs and 1 with its weight as 10lbs 3oz.

The only difference between the BBP35 and the BB735a (which is the step below it) is that the 735a has the preamp installed, while the P35 is passive. Other than that their specifications are absolutely identical from what I read on the Yamaha website.  So based on that I think we can safely estimate it's weight to be somewhere around the 10lb mark.

8 hours ago, The GroovyPlucker said:

fretmeister, it's very light but can pump some serious volume and tone, one of the lightest and easiest necks on a 5 string I've played, and I've really small hands, beautiful bass and an amazing price, I'm not on a commission by the way, lol

Thanks for the great PR, GroovyPlucker!

• Like 1

• lorin926 changed the title to ***(ON HOLD)*** YAMAHA BB735a for Sale PRICE DROP!!!! £550
  • lorin926 changed the title to (SOLD) YAMAHA BB735a for Sale PRICE DROP!!!! £550

13 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

I was on the fence regarding this one, if whoever bought it decides to move it on! ;)

Its new owner is someone from Basschat, but I think the only way you'll get that is by prying it out of his cold, dead hands! He really likes BBs and he really, REALLY likes his new acquisition!