Why become a member? ×

Neck: Allparts or Mighty Mite?

Grangur

I'm thinking of doing a build and been looking online. The first ones i saw were Allparts and thought them ok for £175. At least its a name where you know what you're getting.

Then I saw Mighty Mite. They're a little more expensive, but are they better?

Also, both seem to adjust at the heel, which could be a bit of a faff. 

What are the thoughts from those who've been using these?

The Mighty Mite necks are pretty decent. I would equate them with the neck on a Squier bass. The ones I've bought were Jazz Bass necks and were pretty slim front to back. I've also owned an Allparts Jazz Bass neck and it was substantially chunkier.

• Thanks 1

Some input from TB here - https://www.talkbass.com/threads/mighty-mite-vs-allparts-necks.1330074/

Both seem to be pretty well regarded but a few comments about Allparts being a notch up in quality with better fretwork. I thought MightyMite necks were generally cheaper than Allparts? Not tried either myself. I had a Warmoth jazz neck once which was very high quality but the steel reinforcement rods added quite a bit to the weight.

Edited by ikay

I’ve played a few All Parts necks and they have all been top notch, from what I remember the ones I’ve played have been thicker front to back (more D profile). If I was building a jazz and I had the option of an All Parts neck I’d definitely take it.