Why become a member? ×

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Dov65

Truthfully i never read half the replys, the Free English Comment was enough for me then the smiley face, i never seen the Snowflake bit. I'd probably be barred from this forum if i replyed but i find it a good source of info. As for having a beer i'll gladly take you up on that as a Scot. Hopefully meet you @ London Bass Guitar show cheers Dave

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

The comment about 'generation snowflake' is completely genuine, in my mind it is absolutely true. Unfortunately/fortunately for me my skin is fairly thick, most likely from various life experiences... Nothing that was said by me was intended as hurtful, spiteful or otherwise, however I do find it unnerving that such low key 'banter' can cause such a backlash of finger pointing and claims of bullying. I wonder how some would actually handled sustained and real bullying? And let me tell you unequivocally, this sir, is not that. 

I will bow out from further comment as I feel all that needs to be said is said. 

@Dov65 if I offended in anyway, then I apologise. But from where I stand nothing of the sort occurred. 

Good evening gents. Let's have a beer and shake hands! 

Generation snowflake??  Of course it's a flipping condescending patronising label.

That entire post is defensive.

Try being a kid being brought up with the name Karl Altdorfer less than a generation after WW11, in a school where one in 16 had lost relatives/friends. The parents belted me never mind the flipping kids.

Next time you derail a thread to your agenda, THINK TWICE.

Anyway, I'm done :angry2:

Edited by karlfer
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, karlfer said:

Generation snowflake??  Of course it's a flipping condescending patronising label.

That entire post is defensive.

Try being a kid being brought up with the name Karl Altdorfer less than a generation after WW11, in a school where one in 16 had lost relatives/friends. The parents belted me never mind the flipping kids.

Next time you derail a thread to your agenda, THINK TWICE.

I had a similar experience at school, brings back painful memories.

Bob Hitler.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, karlfer said:

Glad you find it funny. I had 11 years of regular kickings, including broken arm & nose.

I'm flipping out of here.

Don’t flip out mate, I was genuinely bullied at school too for many reasons, some of which I escaped through a perverse sense of humour and some of which was no doubt caused by it. I was actually trying to lighten the entire topic, indeed the whole thread with a jest. I am genuinely sorry if I caused you any offence, that wasn’t my intention at all.

Yeah, join the club Karl. Some of us don't let it turn us into judgemental people though. (For greater clarity I messaged Karl privately to quash this 'debate' and was swiftly rejected). 

I learnt and grew from my issues and don't act vindictively against others because of it. Hence my adversity to being called a bully for things that are as light hearted as can be.

Lets all just have that damn beer already!!! 

Edited by binky_bass
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, binky_bass said:

Yeah, join the club pal. Some of us don't let it turn us into judgemental people though. (For greater clarity I messaged Karl privately to quash this 'debate' and was swiftly rejected). 

I learnt and grew from my issues and don't act vindictively against others because of it. Hence my adversity to being called a bully for things that are as light hearted as can be.

Lets all just have that damn beer already!!! 

flip me, you can't stop can you. Inference that I'm judgemental???  I deleted your message because you give the impression you are always right, anybody who doesn't agree is wrong.

You are VERY good at pushing buttons though aren't you. Can't let it rest.

Go and have your beer with somebody else.

• Like 1

Now, gentlemen, let’s stop this bickering, talk of bullying and have that beer. S*** does get deep sometimes and sometimes we get caught out before we got the waders on. The important bit is that when we find ourselves in the deep and any of us is uncomfortable there we should recognise we are having difficulties, hold out a hand and get back to shore as mates.

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 1

Please moderators close this thread as it's going nowhere because it started the wrong way with a totally impossible to understand message. That is what started all the, hélas, justified shootings. The OP is an engineer, so he knows better than anyone that he wasn't able to synthesise clearly his feeelings, certainly because he was upset by that "ghost" buyer and wrote it all while angry. We've all been through that once in our life, now lesson is learnt. Period.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, karlfer said:

I think that was an ad-hominem attack aimed directly at me. Once I'd looked it up, having not heard the term, I was offended. But I am resolved not to engage in a battle of wits with the unarmed.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, binky_bass said:

Sanctimonious bullying? Little bit stern? Having re-read the entire thread I can't see anything that remotely could be classed as that. A small amount of banter maybe, an open and jestful discussion on the nature of text talk and someone's personal experiance reading/typing with dyslexia.

If we all get so offended by the conversation had on this thread then what hope do we have of future generations having any ability to cope with a single misplaced word being said. 

Nothing that was written is remotely offensive to me (yes I known offense is subjective) and if it is offensive, it is offensive in the mildest manner (usually considered 'bants'), and if that is too much for some then I find it all a little disheartening! But if any of those remarks regarding 'bullying' were aimed at me, then I will curb my thoughts and word myself more carefully going forward. 

Sorry to rant, but I just find it all a little silly. 

Well said sir. Personally I'm offended by bad grammar and it's given me PTSD and I've had to seek counselling and support from occupational health at work etc ad nauseum...:crazy::P

7 hours ago, spectoremg said:

Well said sir. Personally I'm offended by bad grammar and it's given me PTSD and I've had to seek counselling and support from occupational health at work etc ad nauseum...:crazy::P

("etc" should have a full stop, ie. "etc.")

Edited by prowla
(Should've put a full stop after "ie" and spelt it properly too!
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, prowla said:

("etc" should have a full stop, is "etc.")

See, this is all good learning. I always assumed that etc. was a contraction of the word etcetera rather than an abbreviation of the phrase et cetera and I’ve acquired that knowledge via this thread.

Marvellous. Thank you @prowla.

Edited by Frank Blank

18 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

In fact, it should even be et caetera desunt which means and the rest is omitted. It became et cetera desunt, than et cetera and ended up as etc.

Classical studies always leave some scars. :drinks:

That’s not scarring, that’s knowledge, I’m envious.