Why become a member? ×

Replacement Scratchplate for Vintage V4 reissue

la bam

Hi all,

Does anyone know where i can get a replacement scratchplate for a Vintage V4 reissue precision from?

I cant find anywhere that sells them, ive found JHS who i believe may own vintage and they only sell to trade, and im not 100% sure these will be a replacement scratchplate.

I need a black one, to replace my white one.

Any help appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I wish I'd read this before buying a scratchplate off fleaby and finding out that not only is it a different shape but the screwholes don't match up either :(

I was hoping to replace my white scratchplate with a tortoiseshell one.  I guess that I'll have to stick with white unless anyone wants to do swapsies?

• 1 month later...
Guest MoJo
On 20/03/2018 at 08:19, la bam said:

Cheers. Ive been told by jhs that they sell them, but they dont look right - screw holes in different places, pickup spaces to close to edge etc, so ive reverted to trying to spray paint it.

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I have two V4's. Both are Wilkinson equipped models, but one I believe, is older than the other and the two have different pickguards, not interchangeable. 

I've a black V4, and wanted to swap the white scratchpad for a black one. Got a used one, that apparently came from another V4, and it's different - screwhole spacing/position, neck cut out etc. Not massively different, and can doubtless be made to fit, but it's not identical to the original.

Edited by barkin

Guest MoJo

Check out the pickguards on my two V4's below. Notice how the screw placement differs. The position of the pickups differs slightly between the two. Also the neck pocket on the one on the left is 63.4mm, the one on the right 62.5mm, so the parts are not necessarily interchangeable between V4's. The black pickguard is off the Tony Butler Signature model

20180404_065601.jpg.b73408865317f3732ded1eaa398b5317.jpg