Why become a member? ×

Best ABY?

stewblack

Are you using it to go to two amps? If so, apparently a transformer isolated output is the way to go to prevent ground loops, which only some of the more expensive pedals have, like the Radial Twin City.

But I've not seen one with level controls other then the one you posted. A Boss LS-2 may be able to be put into action as well depending on how you're planning to use it.

Edited by dannybuoy

I didn't post that link because I wasn't sure it counted as a genuine ABY pedal.

As it happens, it seems this is what Stew is looking for, and it was what I needed when I bought one, but it's actually an instrument selector ... it does 2 x instruments into 1 x amp.

I now need (occasionally) to do 1 x instrument into 2 x amps, so I've bought a cheap Fender ABY (unbuffered, no level controls) which can do either 1 --> 2 OR 2 --> 1 depending on my needs.

• Like 1

Hi Stew,

I had a similar dilemma few years ago but wanted an FX loop  too, so went for the Radial Tonebone Bassbone V2.  Was a fair bit of cash, but it was good for me.

Word of caution,  I don't know if the newer models like the one above are different, but the older Radial pedals like mine aren't compatible with a standard 9v pedalboard supply, so you end up having to plug the supplied adaptor into a 13A socket.

Wasn't a deal breaker for me, but may be for you.

Yours, HH (also Stew).

EDIT: OK, I just looked, and it looks like it is 9V.....

Edited by Huge Hands

Hi Stew, what a great name! I've gone for the Radial, waiting for it to drop on the mat. I am just about to ask for pedal board / power supply advice as I seem to be accumulating effects (not something I usually do but I'm playing in bands with such a variety of songs and styles it seems a necessary evil) and they are cluttering my bits box!