Why become a member? ×

Kyle Eastwood at the Barbican

MoonBassAlpha

Seen him twice : terrific fretless bass player, terrific fretted bass player, terrific double bass player, terrific musician. But you have to like more classical jazz. My wife and I really love the music he is making. "Time Pieces" is my favourite album to date.

Yes, he is one of the 365 children he has. :biggrin:

Thanks to his father he fell in love with classical jazz music and the bass instruments when he was a child, going to lots and lots of concerts with his dad. 

He learned bass and double bass with Bunny Brunel, a friend of Clint.

He is quite tall indeed. Did he play Big noise from Winnetka (he whistles the theme) ?

I discovered him through the album Now, and immediately liked what he was doing. And now ( :D ) I have his 8 albums and my wife and I go out to see him when he is playing around, so twice only to date, sadly. 

Edited by Hellzero
Whistles is better.

He didn't play it.

This must have been a great show with Jean-Luc PONTY on violin and Biréli LAGRÈNE on guitar (he is also a terrific fretless bass player and can play just like Jaco who has been touring with him : funny, no ?).

Thanks for that, i had no idea! I really enjoyed Barbican the concert. I thought Lagrene's note choices were more interesting than Ponty, though his playing was less precise. We were front row, with our own little Meyersound monitors right in front of us!