Why become a member? ×

Fender 1962 Precision pickup .. etc parts

Edited as I've come to terms with selling the pickup too ..

I think now would be a good time to sell the bits I have from my original 1962 Fender Precision with the pound being so weak Vs the dollar.
However I thought I'd list them here first in case there's someone on the forum who fancies them.

So, from a 1962 Precision, L prefix serial number

Pictures later but the list is

Pickup
Spiral bridge for Fender Precision or Fender Jazz [color="#FF0000"](Sold)[/color]
String tree
Strap pegs (2)
Bridge cover (large holes)
Pickup cover (possibly aftermarket) (large holes)
Tortoiseshell Scratchplate (cut into 5 pieces :huh: yeah, yeah I know. That's it in my avatar)
Finger pull / thumb rest and screws
Various screws - looks like 4 bridge screws and 4 others.

These are all genuine and were removed from the bass by me in the 70's when I upgraded various bits.

I'll be looking for serious money, I'm afraid, as I have been tracking similar items on eBay for a year or so ..
No, sorry I don't have the bass or neck with "the funk" scratched into it ... Mine was white originally anyway. :)

PM please if you are interested.

This is what it, and I, looked like back then.

I also have an 80's re-issue spiral bridge if anyone fancies that for £50 (sold)

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='thebeat' post='333834' date='Nov 21 2008, 01:49 PM']Do you still have the flares? :)[/quote]

Sadly not .. Flares and waistline have long since gone ,,, I don't have the Fender bassman valve head and 2x15 diagonal cab either .. That lot sounded really good ...

More funny pictures of me playing in the dim and distant past?
No problem:

Ric 4001, same amp and cab, dodgy shirt and more flares, quite possibly Mister Buyright high waisters which were The Dogs at the time ...

[url="http://www.jellied-reels.co.uk/pics.htm#oldpics"]http://www.jellied-reels.co.uk/pics.htm#oldpics[/url]

Share some of yours?

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='OldGit' post='333895' date='Nov 21 2008, 02:58 PM']Sadly not .. Flares and waistline have long since gone ,,, I don't have the Fender bassman valve head and 2x15 diagonal cab either .. That lot sounded really good ...

More funny pictures of me playing in the dim and distant past?
No problem:

Ric 4001, same amp and cab, dodgy shirt and more flares, quite possibly Mister Buyright high waisters which were The Dogs at the time ...

[url="http://www.jellied-reels.co.uk/pics.htm#oldpics"]http://www.jellied-reels.co.uk/pics.htm#oldpics[/url]

Share some of yours?[/quote]

Aye they're defo High Waisters...mmmm! High Waisters with boat soled shoes or platforms...those were the days :) Cool pics by the way...love the Judo Drummer :huh:

Edited by thebeat

[quote name='thebeat' post='333916' date='Nov 21 2008, 03:37 PM']Aye they're defo High Waisters...mmmm! High Waisters with boat soled shoes or platforms...those were the days :huh: Cool pics by the way...love the Judo Drummer :huh:[/quote]

ha ha yeah
It was easier to be trendy in those days as just about everyone wore the same styles bought from the same few shops. A lot less individualism ...

Judo drummer has three arms in one pic and has a nice 70's blocks jazz stickin out of his side too .. Clever man :)
That's not me, by the way, we've only played together for the last 20 years :huh:

[quote name='OldGit' post='333895' date='Nov 21 2008, 02:58 PM']Share some of yours?[/quote]

Circa 1773 - handbuilt "Cinder Profusion" and genuine John Wetton chammy leather top (his mum lived next door to our sound and lights guy!)

Not a grey hair in site!

Here's some idea of prices.

Oh, how we wept........

In one piece this would be on US eBay for £350 BIN, maybe more, from the parts people there

the marks on the spring and D saddle are the remains of the foam damper which decomposed in the parts box over the years
60's bridges list at about £200 ...

Edited by OldGit

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...