Why become a member? ×

TC Electronics Spectradrive.

dave_bass5

Bas.

a). Mine must be faulty as my first copy was dead quiet. The main out and DI are also quiet so its just the headphone out. its not loud as such, but you just know it shouldn't be there.

b). If mine doesn't go back tonight ill hook it up to my ipad but im 99% sure its a NO.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, krispn said:

If you weren’t needing the drive feature it’s still a solid DI for the money. Hopefully the noisy headphones out was an early batch issue. 

I had one of the first, if not the first, in this country, and that was fine, so its not an early batch issue. Ive sent it back and have another one coming from Guitar Guitar on Friday. Hoping its better. 

It is a very good DI out. The tone is strong and clear. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

I had one of the first, if not the first, in this country, and that was fine, so its not an early batch issue. Ive sent it back and have another one coming from Guitar Guitar on Friday. Hoping its better. 

It is a very good DI out. The tone is strong and clear. 

Good to know.

• 3 months later...

Hit the button on one of these from GUITARGUITAR Sat 29th Dec , selected from their available delivery dates on their we site Thu 3rd

Jan with Post Office Saver delivery ( took the day of work to receive it - did not arrive  ). No tracking information on their website Mon ,  Wed or Thu .

Got in touch with them , they stated that "everyone knows that there is no post collection on New years Eve " .So I asked very politely

why they advertised the Thu delivery then ...............

Suddenly on Friday morning , there was tracking info that the box was at Glasgow sorting office ( just received )

Box came Sat morning ............no UK power supply .

Needless to say , GUITARGUITAR will be getting no more purchases from me .

By the way I do like the SpectraDrive !

1 minute ago, Cuzzie said:

Was that with a European power supply or non at all?

Did they advertise it as coming with a power supply?

Most small pedals I would wager come without power supplies separate.

This is the truth. @petetexas, I’ve bought many TC electronics pedals and none of them have come with a power supply. The assumption is that we already have a means of powering pedals. In fact, on the whole, most pedals from most manufacturers come without a PSU.

• Like 2

@dand666 - I'd forgotten about this one as a potentially capable / versatile little headphone amp / preamp pedal, although I have a vague recollection of some folk saying that the sound from the headphone out wasn't anything to write home about, but I may have remembered that wrong?

Edited by Al Krow
  • Thanks 1

Get in touch with GG and demand a uk one. Thats what i did with both of mine (first one from G4M). 

Both did arrive with adapters though, it wasnt that i couldnt use them, i just wanted proper UK ones. I spoke to TCE and they said the uk purchased ones should come with proper UK adapter. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Get in touch with GG and demand a uk one. Thats what i did with both of mine (first one from G4M). 

Both did arrive with adapters though, it wasnt that i couldnt use them, i just wanted proper UK ones. I spoke to TCE and they said the uk purchased ones should come with proper UK adapter. 

Dave - how good is this pedal as a headphone amp in terms of headphone out quality and aux in?

5 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Dave - how good is this pedal as a headphone amp in terms of headphone out quality and aux in?

Bas, its very good for me. As you might recall i had issues with the previous one (not my first one), it hissed a lot, but the replacement is great. I only use the SD on my pedal board but as its at the end it makes a great home practice tool. I’d say the amp sim is just an EQ curve, its not like a cab sim on the digital pedals. No adjustment whatsoever, its just always on when using the headphone out (and only on the headphone out). 

Aux in from my iPad Pro is also good. Very solid tone. Obviously its bypassing everything in the SD, just in and straight out. 

• Thanks 1

I dont know how dave found them , but l recon they are pretty good on headphone , with aux in .

Gonna use mine at practice on Wednesday ( full blown practice ) feeding my Ampeg into two Markbass 115 .

Sounds good at bedroom volume , but thats not the real test .

Edited by petetexas
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, petetexas said:

Advertised as .......with power supply . I received a european supply .

2 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

I stand corrected!

On 15/03/2018 at 14:44, Osiris said:

That looks interesting, especially as I'm looking to go over to in-ears soon and will be ditching my back-line and pedal board in favour of my Zoom B3 for DI/EQ/compression/tuner duties. My only reservation that I've got  at the back of my mind regarding the move to the B3 is that I'm really going to miss my SpectraComp but something like this would give me everything I need in one box while keeping the control versatility of the SpectraComp. B|

US price looks to be $199 so ought to be reasonably priced in the UK too.

Here's the official video from TC 

Late to this party but that is an absolutely gorgeous sounding bass.

1 hour ago, petetexas said:

I dont know how dave found them , but l recon they are pretty good on headphone , with aux in .

Gonna use mine at practice on Wednesday ( full blown practice ) feeding my Ampeg into two Markbass 115 .

Sounds good at bedroom volume , but thats not the real test .

I found it very good for headphone practice, but Al is used to Zooms and they have proper amp/cab modelling, so i didnt want to go overboard on the SD praise as i know its not as goods as he already has. 

The killer feature for me is having 80hz boost on the low knob. I love that freq (80-100hz). 

3 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

Late to this party but that is an absolutely gorgeous sounding bass.

That was the first promo video for the SD. IIR it got slated a lot back then, for not really showing off the features. Lovely looking bass though. 

Edited by dave_bass5

Latest regarding no UK power supply with my SpectraDrive .............................

Sent GuitarGuitar email Saturday , stating that there was no UK Power supply with my Unit  ........had a reply Monday afternoon stating

that there should have been a 3 pin connector in box .

" Will put one in post tomorrow ( Tuesday ) - should receive it Wednesday "

Its now Thurdsay , post has been , NO 3 PIN ADAPTOR !

That a CRAP company GuitarGuitar are !

Just sent then another email