Why become a member? ×

Pedal board newbie - velcro

Guest Jecklin

Guest Jecklin

What's the consensus when applying velcro to the base of one's pedals - do you remove the rubber feet on your pedal or put the velcro on the feet?

For me it completely depends on the thickness of the feet. If they’re quite thick/deep then I’ll remove them but keep them in the pedal box in case I want to put them back on at any point (for resale etc) but if they’re quite thin I’ll often just slap the Velcro over them. Ultimately, you want the most amount of surface area contact between the pedal and the board, so feet which are too thick will mean that vecro applied over them will only really attach at the four corners of the pedal and not across the rest of the pedal’s base, if that makes sense.

Edited by CameronJ

Guest Jecklin
1 hour ago, CameronJ said:

For me it completely depends on the thickness of the feet. If they’re quite thick/deep then I’ll remove them but keep them in the pedal box in case I want to put them back on at any point (for resale etc) but if they’re quite thin I’ll often just slap the Velcro over them. Ultimately, you want the most amount of surface area contact between the pedal and the board, so feet which are too thick will mean that vecro applied over them will only really attach at the four corners of the pedal and not across the rest of the pedal’s base, if that makes sense.

Thank you,

This is precisely what prompted me to ask.

I think i'll pull the feet off