Why become a member? ×

Counting Chickens

stewblack

Learn "Forget You" by something called Cee Lo Green they said. Is that a band? A person? I wondered. Never mind let's have a listen. Ah good, given my hectic learning schedule a nice repeated three chord pattern is just what I need. I like days like these, they make up for the 'now let's learn Everybody Dance' days.

Then, just as I'm smiling at myself for having essentially learned the bassline during my first ever listen to the tune, just under three minutes in and the bloody bass player wakes up and decides he's bored. Never count your tofu until it curdles folks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, la bam said:

Yep. That solo hiys you out of the blue.

You really need your drummer to nail that part properly to allow you to do it.

Interesting you say that, another tune we do has a couple of lovely bass runs which I can play pretty nicely on my own or with the original recording yet when I've played it in rehearsal they never quite work. I suspect the drummer and I need to spend a little bit of time together on them. Perhaps their old bassist played something different.

46 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Interesting you say that, another tune we do has a couple of lovely bass runs which I can play pretty nicely on my own or with the original recording yet when I've played it in rehearsal they never quite work. I suspect the drummer and I need to spend a little bit of time together on them. Perhaps their old bassist played something different.

I've been hoping to corner a local drummer just to do drum and bass sessions for practice.  No luck yet.  I've had a few false promises though.