Why become a member? ×

What’s all this about?

Recently, I sold a bass on eBay. No problems, money received, both parties happy etc. 

However, today I noticed the very same bass up for sale again (not by the person who bought it from me). It’s set at way too high a price IMO but that’s not all. 

They have used my pictures and the text from my original listing, with the exception of the pics and text that details the very obvious cosmetic paint damage. 

There probably isn’t much I can do but it does irk me  

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F152932727384

Not sure what the issue is here other than the ommision of the details of the damage.

Unless you copyrighted the photos and wording in your listing it is just part of the age of the internet alongside good old fashioned capitalism

Edited by dyerseve

9 minutes ago, dyerseve said:

Not sure what the issue is here other than the ommision of the details of the damage.

Unless you copyrighted the photos and wording in your listing it is just part of the age of the internet alongside good old fashioned capitalism

No issue really. Just interested to see what others think. X

16 minutes ago, ianrendall said:

No issue really. Just interested to see what others think. X

Mind you it depends if they had haggled you down on price with some sob story or told you it was bass of their dreams blah blah blah then I would certainly understand  it leaving a sour taste in your mouth.

Recently I have had to separate buyers agree a deal with me on one if my items for sale here on BC only for neither one to follow through with the deal or even bother contacting me to say they are no longer interested. Even after I message them to ask if they still intend to go through with the purchase, they still don't even bother to reply. I can see they have been online several times since I sent my message so they are clearly just ignoring me and too bloody rude to have the decency to let me know they are no longer interested. Now that really irks me!

• Sad 1

Not the first time this has happened with this particular seller.  I'm in the market for a fretless and was watching this Fender American Fretless Jazz bass built from parts which also had damage mentioned in the listing (and is honestly shown in the original sellers pictures)

The bass was bought then re-advertised with copied pictures and the description amended to omit the details about the damage and that it's a bitsa. The pictures of the damage have also been omitted. If you think it's ok for someone to profit from this type of deceit, whilst promoting themselves "As a premiere authority on vintage, new, and used music equipment"  that's for you. Not every buyer would realise that the bass should be strung through the body for it to be original??? (is that right?) 

17 hours ago, ianrendall said:

There probably isn’t much I can do but it does irk me

Yes, it's pretty poor behaviour at best.

Stay safe folks.

1 hour ago, dustandbarley said:

Not the first time this has happened with this particular seller.  I'm in the market for a fretless and was watching this Fender American Fretless Jazz bass built from parts which also had damage mentioned in the listing (and is honestly shown in the original sellers pictures)

The bass was bought then re-advertised with copied pictures and the description amended to omit the details about the damage and that it's a bitsa. The pictures of the damage have also been omitted. If you think it's ok for someone to profit from this type of deceit, whilst promoting themselves "As a premiere authority on vintage, new, and used music equipment"  that's for you.

Yes, it's pretty poor behaviour at best.

Stay safe folks.

No i  do not think that is ok as i stated in my original post. I am not happy that the seller has ommitted details especialy about the damage.

Now that you have revealed the seller has a history of deceiving buyers I think ebay should be made aware and provide them with as much detail as possible to help build a case against the seller.

However, I otherwise am happy for anyone to buy whatever they like and try and make money.

29 minutes ago, dyerseve said:

No i  do not think that is ok as i stated in my original post. I am not happy that the seller has ommitted details especialy about the damage.

Now that you have revealed the seller has a history of deceiving buyers I think ebay should be made aware and provide them with as much detail as possible to help build a case against the seller.

However, I otherwise am happy for anyone to buy whatever they like and try and make money.

Super sorry dude, it was a figurative "you" I was addressing, definitely not you my friend.  Many apologies

13 hours ago, dyerseve said:

Recently I have had to separate buyers agree a deal with me on one if my items for sale here on BC only for neither one to follow through with the deal or even bother contacting me to say they are no longer interested. Even after I message them to ask if they still intend to go through with the purchase, they still don't even bother to reply. I can see they have been online several times since I sent my message so they are clearly just ignoring me and too bloody rude to have the decency to let me know they are no longer interested. Now that really irks me!

You're not the only one.

I've had this happen many times over the years. Ignorant onanists

26 minutes ago, dustandbarley said:

Super sorry dude, it was a figurative "you" I was addressing, definitely not you my friend.  Many apologies

no worries mate, my reply could have been worded better too TBH. All good and apologies to the OP for hijacking his thread

24 minutes ago, fleabag said:

You're not the only one.

I've had this happen many times over the years. Ignorant onanists

I think they should be named and shamed or at least have a section of the feedback forum where you can list serial offenders

21 hours ago, Roger2611 said:

Reply from seller this afternoon:

hello mate , the back is not bad
I dont have photos , the black color is hard to see painting little things

Amazing Bass USA Fender , massive sound

So do they actually have the bass?

Here are the ‘omitted’ photos that I took when I owned the bass that clearly show paint damage.

6F7C804B-AE74-421A-9DFE-4286FE281EC0.jpeg

E106BA0F-4609-4F45-AEFF-98A241B2583F.jpeg

F23DA9BF-0054-4DD8-B067-420BCA4F9196.jpeg

F53D24E6-CD5D-4C20-8BCD-2895C97F8320.jpeg

69B5D76B-B6B6-42C3-8EF3-4D30451C81BD.jpeg