Why become a member? ×

Customised 2011 Mexican Fender Jazz Bass 4-string
£350

matt-bass-sparkes

I have the above for sale.

The neck pickup is a genuine Seymour Duncan SJB 3N Quarter Pounder...an absolute brute of a pickup! It's passive, but has a gainy growl.

The bridge pickup is actually not connected to the electronics at all...it's just a crap pickup for show...you can obviously replace this with another pickup.

But for now, this bass has the neck pickup as the only working pickup.

This was originally an off-white coloured bass, however about two years ago, I painted over it in black, and clear lacquered over the top. 

Being my first attempt at laquering, it's not perfect, and there are some small spots that are either not fully painted, or have some "drip".

If you're like me, you'll want to customise your own basses, so the paint job could be an extra project for you!

Apart from the pickups, everything else on this bass is original.

A bit of buckle rash on the neck plate, and some scuffs on the top of the headstock, also some marks on the side of the neck due to sweat and lots of playing ;)

The frets are smooth and a little worn due to afore mentioned playing.

Also, the reason that I have pieces of string holding the balls of the main strings in the bridge is that they were cheap strings from eBay (which actually sound good!), but the balls were too small for the bridge holes...but all other strings are fine (I've used Fender, Ernie Ball and Rotosound).

Great instrument that will last for a very long time. 

Will post to mainland U.K with a courier for extra £6.

Paypal or internet banking (I've sold loads on here before, so no worries there) :)

imageproxy.php?img=&key=4b3806f48250f55a

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

IMG_0334.JPG

IMG_0335.JPG

IMG_0336.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG