matt-bass-sparkes

Customised 2011 Mexican Fender Jazz Bass 4-string
£350

I have the above for sale.

The neck pickup is a genuine Seymour Duncan SJB 3N Quarter Pounder...an absolute brute of a pickup! It's passive, but has a gainy growl.

The bridge pickup is actually not connected to the electronics at all...it's just a crap pickup for show...you can obviously replace this with another pickup.

But for now, this bass has the neck pickup as the only working pickup.

This was originally an off-white coloured bass, however about two years ago, I painted over it in black, and clear lacquered over the top. 

Being my first attempt at laquering, it's not perfect, and there are some small spots that are either not fully painted, or have some "drip".

If you're like me, you'll want to customise your own basses, so the paint job could be an extra project for you!

Apart from the pickups, everything else on this bass is original.

A bit of buckle rash on the neck plate, and some scuffs on the top of the headstock, also some marks on the side of the neck due to sweat and lots of playing ;)

The frets are smooth and a little worn due to afore mentioned playing.

Also, the reason that I have pieces of string holding the balls of the main strings in the bridge is that they were cheap strings from eBay (which actually sound good!), but the balls were too small for the bridge holes...but all other strings are fine (I've used Fender, Ernie Ball and Rotosound).

Great instrument that will last for a very long time. 

Will post to mainland U.K with a courier for extra £6.

Paypal or internet banking (I've sold loads on here before, so no worries there) :)

imageproxy.php?img=&key=4b3806f48250f55a

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

IMG_0334.JPG

IMG_0335.JPG

IMG_0336.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0346.JPG

Edited by matt-bass-sparkes
Title change

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By FEND3R
      1982 Fender Precision Special, ash body, rosewood neck. The color would have been Arctic White according to the catalog, but as you can see this bass has seen it all – I got it from the first owner - a session musician, who did play on it every day for almost 40 years and it shows. I do not know where to start with the roadworn part, but as can be seen – finish is worn almost everywhere, lacquer on the neck is gone in many places, there are numerous bumps, dings, dongs, etc. (luckily surface, no structural damage), pickguard is cracked near the jack, finger rest has been relocated, fingerboard and frets are also worn from playing, etc. etc. – all this is shown in the photos.
      Now the good part – the bass sounds tremendous, I was skeptical towards the Precision Special model and went to check it out only because it look extremely road worn (which in my book is always good), and walked away with it. The action is nice (truss rod has some more space) although the frets are a little worn (if you are picky there is room to have them polished/crowned), the neck has a very comfy beefy C shape profile. Best part is the sound – I admit that always use it in passive mode and it sounds huge – responsive, lots of everything - lows, mids and highs – a very full sounding bass, a bit like a 70s, but not so clanky. Active mode is also nice if you are into this. It is all original apart form 2 screws as far as I am aware, all relicing is natural, weight is 5,05kg, nut width is 42mm., all hardware and electronics work as they are supposed to.
      More detailed pictures can be found here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/WPTdiHeXBmHbDgPZ8x`
      I am letting go a part of my collection and keeping only the more vintage precisions. The asking price is what it costed me, but sensible offers can be considered. No trades, I am afraid, unless it is a well played pre-1974 precision or recent B-15. Also, if you purchase it and do not find yourself to like it – I can take it back as long as you cover the shipping and payment fees.
      It comes with the original case it was purchased with – Fender “Duck foot” Tweed case (sold more with Fullerton reissues) which is in crooked condition, but if you do not want it – I can knock down 70 pounds off the price.  
      Any questions – please, feel free to ask. Price includes shipping to most parts of EU. 
      You can check my feedback here -

• By FEND3R
      PRICE DROP - NOW £2050
       1990 Fender Custom shop fretless Jazz Bass. As you can expect from a John Page era custom shop bass – a superb instrument and one of the earliest Fender fretless jazz basses that I have seen from Fender (after the extremely rare ones from the 70s).
      As one can expect the bass has been played a lot and shows a lot of dings and dongs, patina on the hardware, etc., but is all original and in perfect functional condition: straight neck with more place in the truss rod to adjust (it is not maxed out), all electronics and hardware work accordingly, action can be set very nice and low. The bass is superbly responsive, resonates extremely well with great dynamics and the harmonics are just amazing – it both sings and does the “mwah” just as well. I have not made any attempts to renew the hardware (remove the patina), because IMHO it gives it character, but if you wish my bass tech can do that prior to shipping. Width at nut is 38mm and the bass weights 4,07kg. according to my home scale. It comes with a black tolex case, probably not original.
      More detailed pictures can be found here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/xzum76RP3hJfic3s5
      Why am I selling it if its such a great bass – I am letting go a part of my collection and keeping only the vintage precisions. The asking price is less than what it costed me, but can consider sensible offers. No trades, I am afraid, unless it is a well played pre-1974 precision or recent B-15. Also, if you purchase it and do not find yourself to like it – I can take it back as long as you cover the shipping and payment fees.
      Any questions – please, feel free to ask. Price includes shipping to most parts of EU.  
      You can check my feedback here : 

• By kdubb24
      Up for sale is a pair of older model Sadowsky 4 String Hum-canceling Pickups with raised A & D poles
      Perfect working condition, the neck pickup hot lead is a little short and cover has a little cosmetic damage as shown in photo (hidden when the pup is mounted).

• By 1966powers
      ♦️ I am selling this bass from the De Gier brand, with only 10 months.
      BeBop 4 model, finished "relic".
      Still under warranty (14 months).
      I'm interested in a trade for a 5-string bass  type Fender Ultra Jazz Bass V or similar;
      I am also interested in Yamaha trb 5p (Adjusting the difference in value)
      Spec:
      Bodywood: Alder. 
      Neckwood: Maple.
      Fingerboardwood: Rosewood.
      Inlays: White pearloid dots.
      Pickups: Fralin.
      Bridge: Chrome.
      Tuners: Chrome.
      Colour: 3 tone Sunburst.
      Relic Finish.
      Pickguard: Darkest Red Tortoise Celluloid.
      Original bag included.
      Shared shipping costs.