Why become a member? ×

New Glam Rock covers band

dmccombe7

Crazy Horses is in the set list too but not Elvis. Not really my idea of Glam.

Altho Kiss are Glam they are a little bit heavier. You really need to look at popular Glam hits.

The average joe bloggs or Mrs Bloggs won't recognise earlier Kiss i wouldn't think let alone their more modern hits from 80's / 90's but then you're out of the classic Glam era.

To be honest we already have the set list and a huge list i put together many years ago after asking fellow BCers what they thought would be an ideal Glam set list. That ran into  a few pages even tho some were never Glam Rock bands but simply from that time period.

Dave

1st rehearsal today with the Glam covers band and it went exceptionally well. The guys are all seasoned musicians to be fair. 8 songs virtually completed just a few wee bits to tidy up like how we do the endings.

Other than that it went exceptionally well. I put a lot of work in beforehand and almost nailed the 8 songs first time around.

All that and at a decent playing volume too. No sore ears and didn't even need my ear plugs.

Might look for a 2nd guitarist or keys player to fill in during solo's tho plus keys would allow us to do a wider range of Glam songs.

Dave

• Like 2