Why become a member? ×

New Glam Rock covers band

dmccombe7

Well finally got the ball rolling with the Glam Rock covers band. 1st rehearsals this sunday. 8 songs learned and raring to go.

Quite excited about this one probably because its the style of bands that first got me into music.

Still doing my Classic Rock / Metal too.

Dave 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Paul S said:

Sounds like a grin.  :)  Which 8? 

Ballroom Blitz,   20th Century Boy,   My Coo Ca Choo,   Shang-a-Lang,  Blockbuster,   Jean Genie,   Tiger Feet,   Wig Wam Bam just to get us started.

The singer already does it as a solo act for charity and wanted to take it a step further. He also sings in an Ozzy / Randy Rhodes tribute band.

Been trying to get this up and running for about 5 years as its what got me into music many moons ago.

Dave 

1 hour ago, skankdelvar said:

:) Good luck with your enterprise and full marks for including Shang-a-Lang. A brave decision, IMO.

5aa8336a74ae7_baycityrollers.jpg.07956613c9c5c81434f7dd9eecf2c28e.jpg

The Bay City Rollers: Not remotely loathed by a generation of teenage males.

Played it a few times in a 70's covers band last year and it always went down a storm. Just a great party song. Always and end of night song tho.

I hauled that around Army bases in Germany back in the 90s... wigs, makeup,  lycra... the whole shebang. It's loads of fun to play and you can go a bit mental with it... as long as the main tune is there the punters will go for it regardless of how you play it. Handy tip... Wig Wam Bam medleys very well with Little Willy, which is fun, slightly smutty, and used to go down a storm.

27 minutes ago, rushscored4 said:

Just keep playing Blockbuster and see if anybody notices... :biggrin:

That's assuming there will be an audience O.oxD

Blockbuster is actually B to E so not quite the same and i only found that out few weeks ago when i started working on it xD

14 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Ballroom Blitz,   20th Century Boy,   My Coo Ca Choo,   Shang-a-Lang,  Blockbuster,   Jean Genie,   Tiger Feet,   Wig Wam Bam just to get us started.

Damn! I've just persuaded my band to tackle Ballroom Blitz ... partly because I've never heard another band play it in a pub. ;)

2 hours ago, KevB said:

I know one of the guitarists in this band, says it's a laugh and the money's pretty good

https://en-gb.facebook.com/Glamatize/

Saw them on Youtube. Cool bass xD They are pretty good too.

As i've said before not in it for the money but if its there i'll put it in my pocket of course. :D Just think its a great fun style of band. That's the main thing for me.

1 hour ago, Happy Jack said:

Damn! I've just persuaded my band to tackle Ballroom Blitz ... partly because I've never heard another band play it in a pub. ;)

I know of quite a few covers bands that do that particular song. It always goes down well tho so i'd stick with it. Great fun song.

16 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

My Glam band cover those, with the exception of BB.....to be left field we went with Fox on the Run in the place of that one.  Great song choice mate - can't fail with those.  Add in the Slade and T-Rex and you're there!

The set list is larger but the ones i listed are the ones i had to learn for the first rehearsal.

Trex, Slade, Osmonds, Hello, Marmalade, Elton John, Suzi Quatro. 

All the usual classics. There are so many to choose from.

Plus i get to wear sparkly gear and platform shoes / boots. What's not to like xD

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oopsdabassist said:

We do Fox on the Run too...Its a crackin song! 

It always gets the singist giggling when I do the falsetto bit...git he is!

We don't have a keys player altho we are looking into it as some songs simply need keys to do them justice.

Dave