Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

New: Sign up and get 20% off tickets for the London Bass Guitar Show - and we'll see you there!

Hi guys,

I'm a happy owner of a Nordstrand VJ4 jazz bass. The NJ4 pickups I have in there sound incredible. However, I've recently decided I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of tone for a hum cancelling set so am looking for the NJ4SV pickups to replace them with. I guess I'd then take the NJ4 out and sell them but I'll cross that bridge when I've sourced the new set. I spotted a few older threads with NJ4SVs in the sale forum so hopefully someone has some they'd like to move on. 

Thanks a lot!

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ead
      Hi all
      For sale is this Overwater P/J pickup set.  Not much to say other than they both work fine and are in good condition.
      The came from an Overwater by Tanglewood Classic Jazz bass.  £25 Now £20 posted to UK mainland.
      Thanks for looking.

• By TAzMilitello
      ***** [PAID - Sent to Mastodon2] *****
      Awesome RARO TM-bass VI (6 strings Signature bass), 35" scale (with a super Low-B string) neck-thru body.
      Custom Shop by Rosario Vasta of "Raro guitars" famous Italian luthierie. really great bass.

The value of this bass is about €3750 (in addition it was "super-customized" with East UK preamp, cost about 450€ and Mama Pickups, cost 600€ and they are unique, as they are made specifically for this bass). I dropped the price to €2000 now, (about 1800GBP) I am very struggling to give it away... I prefer NO trades, thanks! It's for sale, because of low utilization...this is an extremely versatile bass but I have other 7 basses at home with all configuration types... 

Foreign Currency: about payments different from the Euros currency you can pay by clicking using this ►Transferwise bank transfer◄ link.
      Photo of bass here:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j85l5JByWf72awAh15fxM2jyAMKPxC6N
      You can hear the bass here, over a track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsJ425YVXkY"]youtu.be/JsJ425YVXkY.
      Bass sounds TEST (only bass): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EVceh8yhmk"]youtu.be/2EVceh8yhmk 

Total weight 5.7 Kg of pure and fabulous sound!! It has a comfortable and slim asymmetrical profile neck, with internal graphite reinforcements. The body remembers "Aries Senes" shape. In total there are "MAMA" pickups (2x "Special Jazz" + "Puncher Split" + "Puncher Bucker" (it can also work as single coil like "Puncher Jazz"), all pickups can work together or separately. The neck pickup is a 6mm pole Single Coils (like jazz bass) + an 8mm vertical Split Coil (P-bass sounds, really punchy), while on the bridge it has 3 single coils, the central coil is like jazz bass, and the side coils can work together like a music man pickup. Thanks to the 3 switches you can select each coil separately, with an infinite variety of sounds. U-Retro Deluxe 5 knobs East UK preamp has the selection of active or passive tones or 4-band EQ. TOP in versatility!!

- Model: 6 Strings. NeckThru, 35" Scale, Headed. Matched Headstock.
      - Fretboard: 6 Strings, Fretted, Macassar Ebony.
      - Neck: 5 pieces of maple, wenge and zebrawood. Asymmetrical profile. 2 x adjustable truss rods. Internal graphite reinforcements.
      - Strings space: Standard (19mm)
      - Body facing: Birseye Maple.
      - Veneer on body: Black Ebony.
      - Body Back Wings: Mahogany.
      - Pickups: 2x MAMA, 3 coils (bridge) + 2 coils (neck)
      - On-Board preamp: East UK U-Retro Deluxe 5 knobs, 18V, + 3 x 3-way pickups switching.
      - Hardware: Black, Groover.

Bass is located in Italy (Sicily). No problems for international fast shipping (following prices including anti shock packaging):
      To Italy: 30€ (1/2 working days) To Ireland/Great Britain: 60€ (4/5 working days) To Germany and Austria: 45€ (3/4 working days) To Spain: 60€ (4/5 working days) To France: 65€ (4/5 working days) To Lithuania: 75€ (4/5 working days) To Romania: 80€ (4/5 working days) To Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands: 65€ (3/4 working days) To Czech Republic (CZ): 80€ (4/5 working days) To USA and Canada: 110€ (6/8 working days)  

• By jj1234
      Going through some old videos in my library and just uploaded this to youtube. Perhaps it will provide a helpful sound sample or some lick ideas.
      -- the first half of the head is a cool-school line of some kind, maybe from the saxophonist warne marsh?
      -- the turnaround in the head uses a sort of tritone substitution implied by a half-step-up repetition of the Eb-Db-F-Ab-C-Bb-F-Ab bit
      -- the start of the solo is an oliver nelson quote that I always had a bunch of trouble fingering easily
      -- the end of the solo is a laurence cottle lick from the snakeranch sessions (?) cd

Nordy VJ4 with TI jazz flats, I think the strings are about 7-8 years old now 
    • By Hellzero

Time to clear some stuff again as I really don't use my fivers !!!
      So for sale or trade for a 6 stings bass ONLY :

WOOD & TRONICS Zoid 5 (to me their best design), naturally reliced : some pay huge amounts for this by 7ender, here it's free ! 
      Early hollowed model à la Fodera, totally hand made (look at the lid), with that sweet and detailed sound typical from that period. Lots of wear and a few dings for this player, but don't be afraid, everything is working fine without any electronics scratches (except the usual Aguilar crack when switching the mids) and no hidden issues... The price asked reflects that condition.
      This bass used to belong to Mustapha Bouchou, an early W&T endorser, and was originally tuned from B to G, look at the D'Addario balls colour.
      Here a link to the TalkBass page : https://www.talkbass.com/threads/wood-tronics-club.714907/page-18#post-11960214
      And D'Addario bass balls colour code :

And before anyone asked, I never got the ramp.

Shipping included to your place in these European countries : Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom.

Parcel shipped in ultra well protected box will be fully insured with tracking number.

Asking price : £1550 GBP or €1800 Euros !!!
      A new one would cost you twice the asking price if you order it today with the same specifications.

PayPal payment (Friend payment or fee covered), bank transfer (IBAN and BIC codes provided, so no fee) or cash on collection.

In fully working condition, with some 11 years of use, but no abuse.

Here are the specifications tuned from E to C (the action could vary slightly when tuned from B to G) :

Scale : 34 inches.
      Strings spacing at nut : 10 mm
      Strings spacing at bridge : 19 mm
      Action : 2 mm under the E string at 12th fret
      Strings : Fodera Nickel E-C (almost new)
      Tuners : gold Hipshot Licensed
      Bridge : gold Wood & Tronics (ETS) original in two parts
      Pickups : Nordstrand DC 5 with switch (chrome) working for the both pickups together in parallel / single coil / series (so you have no strange sounds when blending them)
      Electronics : Aguilar OBP-3 with volume, balance, bass, mid with one switch (chrome) for the 400 / 800 Hz, treble and gold knobs (the output jack is chrome and not gold as the pictures seem to show)
      Neck : 3 pieces maple through neck
      Fretboard : rosewood with 24 mandolin frets in perfect condition
      Dots : brass on the side and abalone on the fretboard
      Nut : brass
      Trussrod : one (real Fodera)
      Body : alder wings with quilted maple top (and magnetic electronics lid)
      Headstock : 3 + 2 with matched quilted maple top
      Land of craftsmanship : Italy (2007)
      Weight : 3.8 kilograms (very very light as it's hollowed)

Will come with a period unbranded hard case (not fake snake skin here).

Non smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally by Christophe LEDUC (the nut can accomodate E to C as well as B to G tuning without any modification), the trussrod is fully working and the bass has a new battery as well as almost new Fodera Nickel E-C strings (34 - 45 - 65 - 85 -105).

What you see is what you get !

Look at the pictures to see the real condition, the wear and dents.

Absolutely no real damage, only wear of time and playing.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.
      Link : http://www.wtbasses.net/zoidModelsAndCustom.php
      Here a video by Enrico Pasini himself to give you an idea of how a Zoid 5 can sound :

And another one, made by Arnaud MORIN (ebony fretboard and different pickups, but the "sound" of the Zoid 5 is there) :

Dust is offered. 
      Now the real pictures : look at the woods and wear !

• By TorVic
      *Now For Sale Only - no trade offer please*

*FINAL PRICE DROP*  GBP1945 ALL INCLUSIVE (with insured shipping)
      My feedback history: http://basschat.co.u...r/17989-torvic/
      Spec (copied from previous sale posts):

"It's a 34" scale, top nut is 53mm, 17mm string spacing (adjustable), weighs approx 4.2kg, Neck-thru, Nordstrand pups with wooden covers, Aguilar OBP-3, GK-KIT-BG3 Roland system, blue LEDS"
      Nordstrand PUs Aguilar 3-band pre, series/parallel switches for each PU - 18v circuit Hipshot hardware extended range bass (29 frets) Dunlop straplocks are mounted flush with the body, one on the horn and two at the bottom so you can choose the one that works best for you blue side LEDs, which are turned on by pulling the mid control, and are powered by two AA batteries in the rear cavity factory-fitted Roland GK3 pickup - a separate DIN output connects with the included GR-20 pedal (UK power supply) a switch allows to select programs on the pedal a knob allows you to mix in the MIDI sound Reducing my collection - all basses that I am not using actively must go. This one has mostly sat unused since I bought it here.

Shipping costs *included* (from The Hague, Netherlands). Will ship in a generic hard-case packed with sufficient padding in a cardboard box.

I bought this here (in a partial trade deal) - it is priced to reflect the original deal value (EUR 2700)

Original sale threads:
      http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1(and the one before) http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1)

My photos: https://photos.app.g...cd32s1uy5dxr7h2