Left leaderboard
Stephen Houghton

BIGGER REDUCTION: Warm Audio Tube EQP-WA (Pultec Copy) Final reduction£400
£500

REDUCED TO £400 FINAL REDUCTION........

THESE ARE THE DOGS
:D

Perfect as new condition with original box, sorry pics a bit crap my camera is rubbish (it is in as new pristine condition). Fantastic studio quality EQ, check out the reviews on these they are highly rated and some reviews prefer them to the original classic Pultec they are based on. Just used in my home studio, very rarely used, I am having a cull on gear that I have and dont use and going to buy more bass gear with the funds raised.

Prefer pickup, but will post UK only, buyer arranges courier e.t.c. I will pack very securely.

Any more information required, give me a bell on 07940196146

Steve

Blurb below

A wonderful EQ, in excellent condition. With box.

• Utilizes premium grade input and output CineMag USA Transformers.

• Tube Equalizer based on the classic “Pultec” EQP-1A.

• Premium high voltage 12AX7 and 12AU7 tubes.

• CineMag inductor EQ section.

• EQ section is bypassable - signal still passes through tubes and transformers for warming effect.

• No insertion loss - loss restored by tube amplifier.

• XLR and TRS transformer balanced inputs.

• XLR and TRS transformer balanced outputs.

• Flat frequency response from 20 Hz - 50 kHz.

• Boost and Cut controls can be used simultaneously for phase effect.

• Low frequency boost - 20, 30, 60, 100, 200, 400, 800 Hz - 12 db.

• Low frequency cut - 20, 30, 60, 100, 200, 400, 800 Hz - 18 db.

• High frequency boost - 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, 16 kHz - 18 db.

• High frequency cut - 3, 4, 5, 10, 20 kHz - 14 db.

• 5 added frequency points for greater flexibility.

• Switchable 115/230 volt IEC power inlet.

• Dimensions: 19 x 3.5 x 6 inches - 2RU rack mountable.

20180313_142533.jpg

Edited by Stephen Houghton
Inserting feedback

I use the plug in version of the original. I’d love to have this kicking about the music room 😀

• Like 1

Yeah these are top notch, they are getting great reviews and are as good if not better than the original Pultec they are based on. I would love you to have this kicking about your music room too :D

On 14/03/2018 at 16:53, krispn said:

I use the plug in version of the original. I’d love to have this kicking about the music room 😀

Go for it @krispn, you know you want to :)

• Like 1

Yes, but so is having three amps and five six(!) basses :) 

And we'll all be able to borrow it off you after you've bought it :D

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

I can imagine this going into the power amp section of a bass amp - all tube EQ let's not forget with a huge range of tweakability and more control than an amp EQ - would sound divine :)

On 3/23/2018 at 14:13, krispn said:

I can imagine this going into the power amp section of a bass amp - all tube EQ let's not forget with a huge range of tweakability and more control than an amp EQ - would sound divine :)

Dont be planting ideas in my head I am trying to sell it :D

I already have big fat valve tone, but, y'know, late night BC browsing and stuff............

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stephen Houghton said:

No this is just an EQ

It was exciting while it lasted!

• Haha 1

I can't see why this wouldn't drive a power amp though , if the amp in question was 'open enough' on the inputs .

I think Dood used to plug into a rack compressor , then into a power amp , and he reckoned that that worked really well .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, E sharp said:

I can't see why this wouldn't drive a power amp though , if the amp in question was 'open enough' on the inputs .

I think Dood used to plug into a rack compressor , then into a power amp , and he reckoned that that worked really well .

I get what you are saying, I am not sure as I have never tried it its always been in my studio, you are probably right :D

You could run this into the fx of any amp and thus bypass the amps eq and have the control and warmth of this preamp. It likely won’t ‘drive’ power ampon its own.