Why become a member? ×

For no good reason

MWH

So, Just because I  can, thought I'd  "improve " the head amp cabinet of my BTA300 ashdown,   spurred into action by the aquisition of MatampGt1Mk1amp'n'cab that is wine coloured with gold faceplate and corners.    Besides many hours, this stands me at ninety quid so far, and I think will be great in the lounge on its Orange cab, yes, that's next after this !

20180312_184908.jpg

20180312_184926.jpg

20180312_184947.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks guys,  i'm still missing some brass screws to finish but i can put the chassis back in and put it back into use, oh, and remind myself that it weighs over five stone.  I have a pair of OBC115 cabs, one mint, one battered sat in the shed, gonna sort the shed one. why is everything so heavy ?   i'll post a picture of it complete soon.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Correction: Vacuum sucks. Gravity's heavy. :|

That's because Sandra Bullocks starred in it.

'80s Trace Elliots and final mortgage demands are heavy
Vacuum is a void waiting to be filled
Gravity is attractive
Roses are red and violence is rude

1 hour ago, MWH said:

Not asbestos, ashdown have the base covered in self-adhesive foil, could swap to asbestos though if you know something about these amps that i don't  !!!!!

Looking at the case with it's lining,  I thought it was a lining like that sometimes found with cook-in packaging.

I bet you could do microwave chips in that with the radiation from the valves above and the liner below.  I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in the eating/drinking on stage topic already.

I'd also have a modestly sized whole trout wrapped in tin foil with butter and a good pinch of chopped dill roasting above the grill leaving a gap for sufficient air circulation to cool the valves and gently heat the fish at the same time.  Yum.

It'd be a respectful nod towards Mr Wakeman's famous curry-on-stage story.  Asbestos gloves might be needed for handling the chips when they're done.

BYOB

Hah !   Jeff Lewis has done work for Ashdown  in the past,  he tells me the sub-harmonic chip in the Ashdown  pre-amp was originally  built for car radio's,  like a bass boost,  he should know.