Why become a member? ×

Footswitch wiring help please

Les

Used a boss footswitch for ages, the one that has a jack socket on it so you can use whatever length cable is appropriate (or to hand).

Doesn't work at all on the new reverb unit, a Lexicon MX200, the footswitch input is TRS so you can turn each of the dual effects on or off.

I'd like it to turn both off with one press.

Wiring on the unit is

2. Footswitch Input An optional 2-button footswitch can be plugged into this TRS jack for independent Bypass control of P1 and P2.

Use the Lexicon® LEX-DFS or a 2-button footswitch wired as follows:

Tip = Bypass 2 Ring = Bypass 1 Sleeve = Ground

Can I just use a stereo jack at the reverb end and wire the tip and ring 2 to the tip on a mono jack to get what I need ?

ta

Les

Hi Les,

Had to read this a couple of times and head for the Lexicon website to try and figure what you are looking to do and I am not sure it would be possible to do what you want.

It seems that the the Dual effects are switched on or bypassed using a non-latching footswitch that connects Sleeve to Ring for Effect 1 and Sleeve to Tip for Bypass 2. What you are proposing would have Tip and Ring permanently connected together and only Lexicon can advise what effect that would have on the unit. It could be possible to modify the Boss footswitch by changing the jack socket to a TRS one and the switch to a Double Pole Non Latching, (if 1 exists). 

Only other alternative is a 2-button footswitch as Lexicon suggest.

On another note, the Peaky Blinders gig looked awesome. So is Shelby Brothers Ltd to continue?

4 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

You should be able to do via the MIDI socket.

Yup. There's some cheap MIDI options out there now that could do you.

Or it you want to use the footswitch approach, you could program up the logic into a PIC microprocessor or similar depending on how project based you are feeling!

Downside to both of these is that you would have to power the remote switch somehow. Bit more hassle than a passive unlatched/latch.

Edited by EBS_freak

Thanks all, I'm probably better sourcing an appropriate footswith than messing about. At least then I'll be able to use something to thicken harmonies up as it's a dual processor so could add the second effect on the four part stuff.

5 hours ago, BassBunny said:

On another note, the Peaky Blinders gig looked awesome. So is Shelby Brothers Ltd to continue?

Cheers, it was very well received thanks.  Just need to decide what to do with it. We set it up for Peaky Blinders theme do's parties/weddings etc and we've had a few enquiries before we launched it at the weekend but in all honesty the Troubadours are that well booked we've very few dates to use for the Shelby Bros. Don't really want to take it in the pubs though a lot of our regular gigs are asking.