Why become a member? ×

*** SOLD *** Barefaced Compact Gen 1 'Roadworn'
£300

Happy Jack

This vintage & rare bass cab has been carefully relic'd to look like the Barefaced cab of your dreams.

The finish has been delicately scuffed to make it look as if it has been extensively gigged, the grille features the very-desirable grazes and streaks which come with only the highest-quality bass playing, one of the corner protectors has been elegantly tweaked to simulate the damage which sometimes occurs when roadies for big-name rock bands get too enthusiastic at the load-out, and - of course - ALL the feet have been lovingly removed in homage to some of the really great Basschat topics of yesteryear.

This is, quite simply, the very epitome of a Barefaced Compact.

My one concession to practicality is that I haven't removed the handle, which stubbornly refuses to fall off.

5aa541caee8e0_Barefaced(3).thumb.JPG.edd99a19077ae30f93e8800afbb7a5f8.JPG

As with all the very best relic'ing, naturally none of this has any effect at all on the cab's tone, volume or reliability.

5aa541ba9df62_Barefaced(1).thumb.JPG.00887015fb910bd7be6403bafd51c9c7.JPG

This is a truly excellent sounding cab which has been fully run-in.

5aa5428d025fb_Barefaced(5).thumb.JPG.0fb15022b806f4e2525aacdcf75958bb.JPG

I can't imagine that you would need more photos than this, but there's plenty more if you want them.

The cab is for collection only from Harrow HA1.

Edited by Happy Jack
  • Haha 1

You've done a fantastic job there. It looks so convincing. Just like the real thing. In fact if you hadn't told us I'd be certain that this had actually been extensively gigged and battered. You really should be asking more money for such craftsmanship.

@Happy Jack I would definitely have this (see my comment a few days ago in the Fender Rumble Stage 800 thread about wanting a Barefaced cab as an extension) but I'm based near Manchester Airport so unless I can fly back from Heathrow with it in my hand luggage I'm not sure how I'd be able to collect it! I've asked for some quotes through Shiply but still waiting for a response.

5 hours ago, casapete said:

Nice cab (and advert) Jack - are you sure this is a Gen 1 though? ( Mine has only one speakon and plastic corners.)

Fair question ... it doesn't have a tweeter so I guessed it might be Gen 1, but I suppose Gen 2 is possible. I rather lost track of the genetic history. B|

Doesn't really change anything, I'm not about to add £50 to the price or anything. xD

5 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Fair question ... it doesn't have a tweeter so I guessed it might be Gen 1, but I suppose Gen 2 is possible. I rather lost track of the genetic history. B|

Doesn't really change anything, I'm not about to add £50 to the price or anything. xD

Funnily enough I've now had a few quotes from couriers through Shiply and the cheapest one is about £50! I'm still interested if I can sort the logistics out though Jack.

9 minutes ago, rushscored4 said:

Quotes down to £45 now. Does that seem worth it? I've never used Shiply before but that's a lot cheaper than a tank of diesel and a day off for me!

Have a look at parcel2go.com

15 minutes ago, itsmedunc said:

Have a look at parcel2go.com

To collect? I've just bought a Limelight P Bass off a fellow BC member and he used parcel2go but it took 3 days for guaranteed next day delivery. However I'll check them out myself, cheers.

Erm ... do bear in mind that I won't necessarily be interested in staying home for days waiting for the cheapest courier in Cheshire!

I'll happily take yer dosh, but if the van doesn't arrive on time then I may not be there when he finally turns up.

I should also mention that this cab is far too big to fit into a Jiffy bag, so it would have to travel without protection.

Ideally, collection means collection by the buyer, not by an underpaid and demoralised van driver.

Your call mate ...

:)

13 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Erm ... do bear in mind that I won't necessarily be interested in staying home for days waiting for the cheapest courier in Cheshire!

I'll happily take yer dosh, but if the van doesn't arrive on time then I may not be there when he finally turns up.

I should also mention that this cab is far too big to fit into a Jiffy bag, so it would have to travel without protection.

Ideally, collection means collection by the buyer, not by an underpaid and demoralised van driver.

Your call mate ...

:)

I get that mate and if I was nearby I'd pick it up myself as it's exactly what I'm after (I even like the sticker!) but I'm 180 miles away so I'd best STFU and let somebody local have it! :|

I've been asked for the measurements.

H = 25.25"    }

}  These two measurements were affected by removal of the feet. Originally, both were about 1/4" greater.

W = 19"         }

D = 13.5"