Why become a member? ×

PJB Double Four Portable Power

prestg1

I was eyeing this up a while ago for my Double Four - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M9IZHA3/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?psc=1

and its bigger brother - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-RAVPower-27000mAh-Universal-Smartphone/dp/B01MDKHWNR/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

Both of these are slightly different to the Poweradd Pilots as with these you would use the PJB Power Supply and plug it straight into the battery as though it were a normal power outlet socket.

Cameron

I guess you’re looking at plugging in via the AC feature of these units? It seems a bit inefficient to me to convert from DC (power pack battery) to AC (power pack output) then back to DC (through the amp power lead transformer); I’d want to squeeze the maximum time I could out of the battery!

I was thinking more of those power packs that have the 19v DC o/p feature, but I’m a bit concerned that they only have about a 4 or 5 amp load capacity before shut-off features kick in. I don’t know what the peak wattage of the BG-75 is, but 95w would shut down the power (5A max assumed).

Ben

Thanks for the tip: the PowerAdd was removed from Amazon when I was first looking around, but seems to have reappeared at a reasonable price, so I bought it, as it was a sure thing to fit snugly in the carry handle slot (as demonstrated.

i made some mock-ups of other power banks, but none of them would be so integrated.

I’ve found that the knobbly finish on the amp makes mincemeat of the (rather pretty) battery case. Ho-hum!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...