Why become a member? ×

FS or FT: Ken Smith Fusion Elite 5 25th Anniversary Fretless - SOLD
£4000

mrbassman_de

Selling my unique and ultrarare Ken Smith 25th Anniversary Fusion Elite 5, the one and only factory original fretless from Ken's top model that I have ever seen.

Specs:

25th Anniversary model
Exhibition Grade Bubinga Top and Back
Walnut Core
7pc body wings and 7pc neck (neck through)
BMT body shape
Satin finish (Ken's recommendation for Fretless)
Figured Macassar Ebony Board
Lined Fretless (300 USD upgrade)
34" scale
18mm spacing
18V electrics with DIP switches
Weight 4,6 kg
Build year 2009
OHSC and case candy

The pictures do not justice this wonderful Bubinga top with its nice 3D pattern and grain. The Satin finish feels great in my hands.

This bass is barely used and could go for cash (preferred) or another interesting bass. Action could be set very low. Currently strung with Thomastik Rounds. Everything works well and as expected.

This bass is absolutely LIKE NEW. I am the second owner after a collector. This bass survived most of its life time in its case. No dings or dongs, no hairline scratches, it still smells like new ! Case is like new as well.

Street price currently 8100 USD for the current top model which does not include the 25th details like the golden truss rod plate and the Abalone dot inlays. Plus shipping and VAT.

SOLD

Players who would like to have a 25th fretted instead of a fretless could easily let a luthier install frets on this bass - and even then the price would be less than currently asked for similar models. I still own a fretted 25th 5er with Walnut top and it plays and sounds incredible !

There have been only maximum 60 Smiths built at 25th anniversary specs (of which I personally own and owned not less than 7), the model has been discontinued now but most of the specs are found in the current Fusion Elite line. So grab the chance to take a very rare piece of history.

Trades considered:

Fodera
Ken Smith Fretted
Ken Lawrence
Vintage Fenders
Alleva Coppolo
Xotic XJ1T Lightweight
K Bass

or other high end bass (+/- cash), let me know what you have.

Edited by mrbassman_de
  • Like 2