Why become a member? ×

SGC Nanyo Bass Collection 5 SOLD
£300

GreeneKing

A stunning pearlescent white Bass Collection made in Japan in 1991 in great condition. Recently fitted with a GlockenKlang 2 EQ pre-amp that has a passive as well as an active mode with passive tone control and blend. 34" scale. I'm winding down my bass playing and have too many basses. Can be viewed and tried in Kendal.

I bought this from Mick and it's had a little fettling and a new pre. It's rather lovely but 5 basses and not really playing makes no sense.

£300, collection preferred, deliver can be arranged.

20180220-DSCF2210.jpg

20180220-DSCF2211.jpg

20180220-DSCF2212.jpg

20180220-DSCF2214.jpg

20180220-DSCF2215.jpg

20180220-DSCF2216.jpg

Edited by GreeneKing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can confirm that this was mine...man, it plays nice (for a 5er) but I found it was sitting in the rack unused as I would always pick up a four string. 

No disrespect to Pete's photography skills but photos do not do this justice - it sparkles like Champagne in the sunlight. Great neck which you associate with Bass Collection - must sound massive with the Glock pre-amp.

Very little money for a great bass...

• Like 3

On 12/03/2018 at 15:36, TheGreek said:

Great neck which you associate with Bass Collection

Very little money for a great bass...

4 hours ago, BassBunny said:

You wouldn't hate this 5 string neck. :D

Totally agree with the above - well impressed with my recently acquired SGC BC.

• Like 1

Can't believe this is still here. At £90 for the Glock pre-amp, the bass is only around £200 which is Squier territory. These really are unbelievable basses for the money. Japanese workmanship, Gotoh hardware and probably one of the nicest necks available. These were north of £500 when they were first produced.

This is an absolute steal at £300 - plays and sounds like a much more expensive bass. There is a reason why these have a huge following - they are FANTASTIC VFM!!!.

The only reason I nolonger own this is that I don't get on with 5ers. 

You also need to remember is that Pete is one of the nicest fellas on this forum - a thorough gentleman of the Old School - you can trade with absolute trust and confidence.

Pete, GLWTS.

• Like 1