Why become a member? ×

Sending money to Canada

Mickeyboro

My nephew's getting married and I'd like to give him some dosh to pay for the wedding band (Ontario's a bit too far for my lot to travel!)

He doesn't do PayPal and the means he suggested (Interact) doesn't seem accessible from the UK. My bank want to charge £22, which I would rather goes to him. Anyone any experience to share please?

Another option is to get a Revolut card.

Me & the Mrs got Revolut for going on holiday, as it's an app & card that works just like a cash card, but there's no fees for exchange from £ to $ (or any currency).  You can transfer money to people by just using the app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xgsjx said:

Me & the Mrs got Revolut for going on holiday, as it's an app & card that works just like a cash card, but there's no fees for exchange from £ to $ (or any currency).  You can transfer money to people by just using the app.

I've just got one too for overseas transactions,  they are offering free delivery for the cards at the moment, seems like a good idea.

On 3/10/2018 at 12:26, xgsjx said:

Does it work in Scotland too?

On 3/10/2018 at 12:26, xgsjx said:

Revolut is really good. I use it to send money to my son in Prague. You see real time rates before sending.

Edited by BassBunny