Why become a member? ×

EB Musicman 1987/1988 all original - one owner
£1100

Phil Stayt

SOLD..... 18/04/18...Vintage Ernie Ball Musicman  -  Classic 2 band EQ, owned by me from new. All original and date on bridge is 1988 and date on EQ plate states 1987,  probably due to transition parts being used

Birds Eye Maple neck and fretboard with rear skunk stripe.  Originally white, but 30 years of gigging has mellowed the body colour.  See photo of electrics cavity for colours

No faults, frets in great condition, truss rod too,   obvious cosmetic blemishes over the years.  A bit of mileage mojo maybe.

Comes with vintage hard case as old as the bass,  but not original  EB

Collection from West Oxfordshire

Time of advertising is now approaching 3 weeks. Using Basschat, I hope to sell to a true bass lover. Don't want to go the eBay route. Would have to increase the price just to cover costs, but will consider it if I see no alternative.

EBMM1.jpg

EBMM2.jpg

EBMM3.jpg

EBMM4.jpg

EBMM5.jpg

EBMM6.jpg

EBMM7.jpg

EBMM8.jpg

EBMM9.jpg

EBMM10.jpg

EBMM11.jpg

EBMM12.jpg

EBMM13.jpg

EBMM14.jpg

EBMM15.jpg

EBMM16.jpg

Edited by Phil Stayt
SOLD.
  • Like 1

Absolutely beautiful! I have 2 x 1989 (of which one in a different location), and - apart from different saddles introduced in 1989 - they are the same as yours. Unusual additional strap pins there (used as a lefty?). GLWTS

39 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

Would loved to have checked this out but Northumberland is a bit of a hike!  :(  

My parents live in west Oxfordshire and I’m going next weekend. I could bring this bass up to York if that’s any help!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ped said:

My parents live in west Oxfordshire and I’m going next weekend. I could bring this bass up to York if that’s any help!

Certainly would help and very generous Chris.  However I have a feeling it'll be gone before then!  :(  

3 hours ago, Apothem said:

Absolutely beautiful! I have 2 x 1989 (of which one in a different location), and - apart from different saddles introduced in 1989 - they are the same as yours. Unusual additional strap pins there (used as a lefty?). GLWTS

Your right. I'm left handed. For 40 years I've played right handed instruments left handed. No modifications required except for the additional strap buttons. Looks better to have extra buttons than holes. 

1 hour ago, fleabag said:

Unusual to say the least, to not even re-string it.

There are a small number of guys who play this way. Was watching Doves, for example, perform at Glastonbury and noticed that the bass player/vocalist was one.one. We tend to be smooth players, i.e no slapping involved.

5 hours ago, Apothem said:

Very nice, great period for EBMM basses!

The off string alignment over the A-string pole pieces is because the string has popped out of the saddle groove, by the way. Might be worth reshooting those two pics...

Weighty, yes, but I bet it sounds fantastic!