Why become a member? ×

Ampeg V4BH 100w All Valve *PRICE DROP*
£700

Pow_22

USA made Ampeg V4BH 100w all valve amp - basically a V4B in an SVT's clothes.

Bought in December 2016 after it had had a full service and Revalve - there is a sticker inside the wooden casing that gives an exact date, will dig a pic out.

The 4 x 6L6GC's are all JJ and from what I remember the pre-amp and driver valves are all TAD - the valve set up is:-

2 x 12AX7 - Pre amp

1 x 12AU7 - Driver Valve

1 x 12AX7 - Driver Valve

4 x 6L6GC - Power Valves

A full revalve would not bust the bank (not that it needs it anyway)

Never given me a second of trouble having been regularly rehearsed (1 x 3hr/4hr sessions a week) and comes with fitted Roqsolid cover.

Weight aside the other big advantage over an SVT is its ability to safely run at 8ohms.  I initially used this paired with an Ampeg 410he but recently downsized to an Ampeg 1x15 (which itself may be up for sale soon or could be factored in to a deal here).  Never wanted for more volume, I recently run it with master on full then gain to taste so I got a little of that lovely power valve breakup without blowing windows out. 

Trials very much welcome with your cab/gear or mine.  The amp is based in Bolton and im reluctant to post at this stage.  I do get around a little bit so if you are reasonably local then give me a shout and maybe we can arrange a delivery or meet up.  Do fairly regularly get down to Birmingham to watch my beloved Aston Villa (please forgive me) so again something could be arranged around that.

On ebay at £750 so a basschat discount to £700  £675 seems fair.  This sale is to fund an amp ive seen so could be pulled if that goes first.

Pics to follow asap.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

a7.jpg

a8.jpg

Edited by Pow_22
  • Like 1

I have this amp too and can't speak highly enough of it.. I think if I tried to sell it, my band members would lynch me they like it that much!

Paired with the matching 115 cab, it's delivers a lovely chocolatey warmth that reminds me of so many of my favourite records from the 60s and 70s.

But by adding the matching 210 cab to it, it opens up even more and delivers a more classic, punchy tone that works for so many types of music.

GLWTS

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silverfoxnik said:

I have this amp too and can't speak highly enough of it.. I think if I tried to sell it, my band members would lynch me they like it that much!

Paired with the matching 115 cab, it's delivers a lovely chocolatey warmth that reminds me of so many of my favourite records from the 60s and 70s.

But by adding the matching 210 cab to it, it opens up even more and delivers a more classic, punchy tone that works for so many types of music.

GLWTS

Cheers mate, it does go really well with the 115.  very 'full' sound that seems to fill the entire room without being boomy.  Works particularly well with my flats loaded Jack Casady bass

• Like 1

I have this amp too with some great Phillips valves - love it - not heavy at all. I used in on Friday night in Bognor with a Sadowsky Jazz through a Begantino 2 x12 = wonderful sound - buy it - you won't regret it.....

2 hours ago, Petey said:

I have this amp too with some great Phillips valves - love it - not heavy at all. I used in on Friday night in Bognor with a Sadowsky Jazz through a Begantino 2 x12 = wonderful sound - buy it - you won't regret it.....

I have a Berg 212 too and you're absolutely right, it pairs wonderfully with this amp..

Which venue in Bognor were you playing at?

21 hours ago, Petey said:

Hoffham arms (I think they call it) oppositie the Bingo Hall .....powerofthree.co.uk

Cool; will check your website out..

Back on topic, I A/B'd my V4BH against my Markbass LMIII and, whilst the LMIII is louder (and obviously lighter), the V4BH has so much more depth and warmth to it..

It's not even an e.q. thing either - it's just the fundamental tone it produces has those inherent characteristics..

So, GLWTS (again) ☺

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:35, MB1 said:

MB1.

Having previously had a Fully Flightcased US SVT Classic 

This.....without that weight...

....Whats not to like?

BUMP!

Cheers Martin, DEFINITELY much lighter than a full fat SVT and the 8ohm option, in my opinion, makes it a lot more user friendly for those not playing the O2 arena anytime soon :)