Why become a member? ×

Oooer - not for me

fleabag

1 hour ago, charic said:

I think it's the horn being wider than the body that does it, it just looks... "splodgy" to me

Yep, "splodgy" is a good word. Looks a bit like a Music Man Ray gone wrong to me .  But then, I still think the Explorer shape look quite radical ("invented" 1958)

The 90--degree angles of the scratchplate  also clash with the "splodginess" of the rounded body.

The upper part of the plate should have been curved upwards to match the body contour. It's like they got that far and thought, "ah feck it, pub time" and just drew straight across with a ruler.

35 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

What about these designs ?

Designs..? You speak in jest, Shirley..? A lot of thought (and marketing...) has gone into each of those, but pretty..? Nah..! I don't doubt their admirable qualities as playable instruments (well, actually, I do, a bit...), but they're all ugly (saving grace for the bodiless, headless, Steinberger-ish one, for its symmetry, but it ain't beautiful, but any stretch...). Anyone think the opposite..? Hmm; thought not.

You mentioned Fender designs basses as the standard, these basses except the Zeta don't take the Fender path. The Klein being even totally ergonomically thought...

I've always found the Fender designs ugly, but he opened the paved straight road, hélas.

On 09/03/2018 at 07:45, musicbassman said:

Jeez, I wouldn't want one of those if it was offered for free.

I like the care that was taken to make sure the top line of the pickguard doesn't even run parallel to the strings.

It's easy to make fundamental mistakes when lining up separate elements of a guitar. Check out Dolores, my BC Rich Zombie. 15207009880731802098060.thumb.jpg.e0dc7e1bb0563e39495b405b33d46cff.jpg