Why become a member? ×

1964 Fender Precision Bass SOLD
£6500

Hi All,

Up for sale is my 1964 Fender Precision Bass with its OHSC.  Lightweight at 8.6lbs.  100% original apart from an added ground wire.

A terrific sounding pre-CBS Precision with clay dots, L plate serial number, C width neck, original chrome covers with the mute still intact.

It has mojo mainly around the body edge, the frets have plenty of life left and the truss rod works as it should....the rosewood neck is nice and dark.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or to arrange to test drive with no obligation (apart from the stipulation that you must be complimentary about my coffee).

Cheers, Si

KRZyr8.jpg

nWy9br.jpg

08NyNK.jpg

2rBf1q.jpg

SrN2md.jpg

Ga7Ran.jpg

894xy1.jpg

YFeFXL.jpg

sWhUwa.jpg

Edited by 0353203
Sold
  • Like 4

That is just beautiful, my year of birth too 

I love the original colour difference under the scratchplate and the crazing in the lacquer, but one thing you could answer please if you would, as it has always puzzled me and that is, does the lacquer on the neck craze in the same way that it does on the body?..............I've never had such lovely a vintage guitar and I doubt, sadly, that I ever will, and I have never been able to answer my question from photos as the detail isn't there

good luck with your sale and to the lucky new owner 

On 08/03/2018 at 23:06, rubis said:

That is just beautiful, my year of birth too 

I love the original colour difference under the scratchplate and the crazing in the lacquer, but one thing you could answer please if you would, as it has always puzzled me and that is, does the lacquer on the neck craze in the same way that it does on the body?..............I've never had such lovely a vintage guitar and I doubt, sadly, that I ever will, and I have never been able to answer my question from photos as the detail isn't there

good luck with your sale and to the lucky new owner 

Hi rubis,

Great question and yes, the lacquer on the neck does check in a similar way to the body - those pesky temperature changes, eh ?

The 64 has little or no checking to speak of, but I attach a picture of the rear of a vintage Jazzmaster I own, which was clearly taken out of a nice warm case whilst standing in a freezer on a regular basis !!

Cheers, Si

dqIyRP.jpg