Why become a member? ×

Interesting... Harley Benton content

Bigwan

2 hours ago, doomed said:

It didn't take them long to get that on the market after becoming a Quilter stockist....

Other than 800 watts and block in the title, I don't see many similarities myself! 

I was interested when I saw this as the combos get varied but generally good reviews. Don't forget the Bugera Veyron 2000 too.  Various things come to mind like buy cheap buy twice or a secondhand amp on here might be better value. I don't know if I would risk my 300 notes on one but would like to try one. Perhaps the makers would like to give one to Basschat for us to demo?

33 minutes ago, Muzz said:

An 800w ICE power stage, but no 2/2.67 ohm option...hints at possibly less quality in the power stage?

Possibly. I may be wrong but I believe you need to pay a lot more attention to cooling when running the 800w module at 2/2.67 ohms. Maybe they just took a conscious decision not to bother? Ashdown didn't either with their 800w amps.

i saw this a while back whilst browsing, looks interesting to me, a 2ohm option would be nice but isn't a deal breaker.

the feature list is pretty good too, 4 band eq, switchable from active to passive input and a switchable onboard compressor. and it's got 2 speakon connectors. if you compare to the quilter then this has (to me) a much better spec list, eg. headphone output and an aux input with a volume control makes it a great practice tool at home. and a mute switch is one of the things i miss on my markbass

if this had a different badge (Fender/Ampeg/gk/etc) and was 100 quid more i'd expect that we'd be buying them in droves and raving about what a bargain they were!

matt 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Currently out of stock, but no reviews anywhere. Given that many other Harley Benton products are amazing value for money, why would one not get one of these in preference to the Mesa Boogie version at three times the price?  I suppose they could have cut corners in places, but the power amp section is the same. Isn't it?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, FuNkShUi said:

That's been mentioned already and I don't see there's any similarity other than the "block" name and 800 watts. And white knobs.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Musicman20 said:

I knew what one you meant, but still not seeing it. Closer to the Fender Rumble v3 heads IMO, or the Peavey Minimax... or something Markbass. But I think it's a stretch to say they've copied the look of anything else - there are only so many ways you can arrange that number of controls on a small surface area like that.

• Like 1