Why become a member? Read more... ×
BB2000

Sold - Fender Olympic White AVRI '62 Precision £1200
£1250

This is probably the best Precision I have ever played.  I don't really know what else to say - occasionaly Fender produces a bass that can't be faulted, and this is one of them.  Originally owned by Greeneking, who bought it new.  It's a lightweight, and when I got it I swapped the tuners for Gotoh resolite's (which by the way are very nice) to see if it would break the 8lb mark.  I was going to replace the original tuners before taking these pictures, but they're in a "safe place" and where exactly that is escapes me at the moment.  If it sells before I find them I'd like the buyer to return the Gotoh's to me when I forward the original tuners to him. 

The bass is mint - no marks whatsoever.  It's always been kept in it's case when not in use so the nitro has no uneven fading.  All original case candy is there. Peter drilled holes for the bridge tray and did a grand job (unlike most I've seen).  I'm not sure when or why Fender stopped production of these, but since they did there aren't going to be any nicer examples out there.

KxyhpWa.jpg

FpKPX4u.jpg

Q1dVyFr.jpg

Z1pIypT.jpg

9qbYetI.jpg

JDcDFtl.jpg

MHTR1tl.jpg

21DrnpM.jpg

WYqGCV0.jpg

n0VKz4U.jpg

y9wajXq.jpg

sEViTZk.jpg

quQsF0k.jpg

YJ9djXt.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by BB2000
Sold
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Lovely. What’s the nut width on this?

They have a C width neck (1 3/4") which is shallow back to front.  They also have narrow frets, which allows almost fretless like slides (think Dunn's She Caught the Katy).

19 minutes ago, divineinventionband said:

If its an avri it should have the holes for pickup and bridge covers no?

It has? o.O

2 minutes ago, divineinventionband said:

Sorry man my eyesight. Its a beauty. I had a sunburst one before

Me too - sold to drlargepants and then moved on again.

this would be a lovely buddy for my Jazz. Alas...I’m skint.

Please can you confirm the fingerboard radius? I can't remember if these are 7.25" or 9.5" . Cheers!

Lovely bass! Is the neck closer to an Avri 58 or a RW pbass? The Avri 58 is a chunky fat neck while the RW was wide and kinda thin. Might be interested depending on the neck. Thank you!

On 18/03/2018 at 22:56, Kelpie said:

Lovely bass! Is the neck closer to an Avri 58 or a RW pbass? The Avri 58 is a chunky fat neck while the RW was wide and kinda thin. Might be interested depending on the neck. Thank you!

I've never handled a '58 but I would say this neck is thin back to front.  Definitely not chunky.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ivok80
      Selling my Fender 60s Jazz Bass (Olympic White, Rosewood Neck). It's a great sounding bass with an authentic road worn look and in overall great condition! My collection is getting out of hand.. therefore i'm selling.
      Classic Fender Jazz bass with timeless design elements. Off-set waist body, ultra-slim, fast-action neck and full-range Bi-Pole pickups. Many of the period-correct details that made the original Jazz basses so cool are spot-on replicated in this classic vintage-vibe beauty - especially the original offset waist, ultra-slim neck, and pair of vintage-style Alnico magnet Jazz Bass single-coil pickups.
      One small dink on the neck (see pics) which doesn't effect playability. I removed the pick guard (I like the look without), which you can have with the bass.
      Based in NW London, happy to ship UK wide for extra cash.
      Fender® 60s Jazz Bass Features:
          •    Model Name 60s Jazz Bass, Rosewood Fingerboard, Olympic White
          •    Series Classic
          •    Color Olympic White
          •    Body Alder
          •    Body Finish Polyester
          •    Body Shape Jazz Bass
          •    Neck Material Maple
          •    Neck Finish Gloss Urethane
          •    Neck Shape "C" Shape
          •    Scale Length 34" (864 mm)
          •    Fingerboard Pau Ferro
          •    Fingerboard Radius 7.25" (184.1 mm)
          •    Number of Frets 20
          •    Frets Size Vintage-Style
          •    String Nut Synthetic Bone
          •    Nut Width 1.5" (38.1 mm)
          •    Position Inlays Pearloid Dots
          •    Truss Rods Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
          •    Bridge Pickup Standard Vintage Alnico Magnet Single-Coil Jazz Bass
          •    Neck Pickup Standard Vintage Alnico Magnet Single-Coil Jazz Bass
          •    Controls:
          ◦    Volume 1. (Middle
          ◦    Pickup)
          ◦    Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup)
          ◦    Master Tone
          •    Pickup Configuration SS
          •    Bridge 4-Saddle American Vintage Bass
          •    Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
          •    Tuning Machines American Vintage Reverse Open-Gear Bass
          •    Pickguard 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
          •    Control Knobs Black Plastic
          •    Dimensions 4.5x15.1x47.3 IN

Thank you!

• By stewblack
      Price now £650, may be prepared to go a little higher.
      I wanted one, I got one, I loved it, I'm selling it. This is what @zander71 had to say about it when I bought it late last year and nothing has changed since. In fact I only gigged it once:
      "Looking to sell ... this lovely 60's re-issue jazz bass. I believe this is a 62 model although it has the separate pickup volume controls. It's a "crafted in Japan" version and is from 2004-5 according to the R serial number.
      It's has no issues and is set up low and fast. A few bumps and dinks as would be expected of a 14 year old guitar. Weighs between 8.5/9lb."
      I reproduce these comments as I don't know anything more than that! I'm faced with a straight choice, sell bass equipment or don't get my car fixed. No car = no gigs so it's kind of a no brainer really.
      Sorry looking dog not included. I'm in North somerset but always happy to meet folk half way. Be silly to trust this with Hermes wouldn't it?

Anyhoo you don't care about all this - you know the price you just want to drool over the pics don't you?

• By ead
      Sandberg California II VS4 Bass Made in Germany

This is a very reluctant sale.  This is the new shape California II in VS configuration, essentially an active/passive Precision bass.  Good as this bass is, I tend to gig with ACGs so it's a little neglected, and not getting the use it surely should.
      The pickup is a Nordstrand NP4 item, more details can be found here:  https://nordstrandaudio.com/products/np4.  This is a cracking pickup and absolutely nails the P bass tone.
      The bass is finished a custom colour with matching headstock and mother of pearl dot markers.
      This high quality German-made Sandberg bass is around 18 months old and is in excellent condition as I hope the pictures show.
      I would prefer to arrange some kind of delivery / collection / meet up if at all possible.  I'm pretty flexible and willing to travel a bit if necessary.  Courier would be the last resort and will be at cost to you.
      This bass would cost around £1,400 so do grab yourself a bargain!
      Features/Specifications:
      ·        Alder body with Maple neck, 22 frets plus a zero fret
      ·        Rosewood board with mother of pearl markers
      ·        Very light at just under 7½ lbs in weight (3.4kg)
      ·        Fabulous neck with a 38mm nut width and a satin finish, so beautiful to move around on
      ·        High quality Sandberg chrome hardware with lightweight tuners
      ·        Custom colour with satin finish on the body with matching headstock
      ·        Unmarked as far as I can see
      ·        2-band EQ with active/passive option.  The treble control acts as a tone control in passive mode
      ·        Comes with the high quality Sandberg gig bag and tools
      If you have any questions at all, or require additional pictures of any details please ask away and I give as comprehensive an answer as I am able.

• By Corcoran1991
      Japanese Tokai Fretless Jazz Sound for sale. Judging by the headstock and serial number I believe this was made around 1983/4. Looking at an old Tokai catalogue the exact model is a JB85, a Jaco replica.
      Few dings and the usual surface scratches as you'd expect from an old bass. Pickups have been switched out for noiseless DiMarzio Model J's, original pickups work fine and will be included. The wiring has also been replaced with vintage CTS pots, vintage cap etc (original wiring included w/ grounding plates). The original knobs are off-spec so new ones will be needed, never got round to buying them but they can be sourced easily enough.
      Bass itself weighs in at around 3.5kg, and I'm pretty sure the body is Sen (Japanese Ash). Currently strung with Fender 9050M's and comes with a Fender bag as pictured.
      Located in Stockton-on-Tees, I'd prefer collection but if I can source a case or decent packing I may consider shipping. Maybe tempted for a trade if anyone has P bass they want rid of! Although trade value will be higher, I've been told I'm selling this cheaply...
      Any questions, holla! 

• By will4bass
      Fender Jazz Bass American Professional V 2017 gigged three times only. Some small signs of playing but other than that like new.
      These new Fender series are really good and have great value for money.

Two Michael Bump-designed V-Mod single-coil Jazz Bass pickups replaced by Liny Fralins with overwound bridge pickup for a fatter 'Jaco' -sound. I will sell/ship the original V-mods with the bass. Also I can re-install them and keep the Lindy Fralins. Then the bass costs €1250. The V-mods are a bit more modern sounding and the Fralins more traditional.

Slim modern “C”-shaped neck profile
      Bone nut; 20 narrow-tall frets for familiar playing feel
      HiMass™ Vintage bridge for increased sustain
      Fluted-shaft tuning machines
      Posiflex graphite rods for neck reinforcement
      Includes Elite Molded hardshell case
      Adjustable +/- 19mm spacing, low action (G 1,5 mm), 4259 grams on my kitchenscale, well balanced...

Why selling? I've got too many great (high end) basses and got to 'kill some darlings'. This bass is worth every single €, £ or $!'

Other questions? Let me know!
      Thanks for looking,
      Willem