Why become a member? ×

Sold - Fender Olympic White AVRI '62 Precision £1200
£1250

BB2000

This is probably the best Precision I have ever played.  I don't really know what else to say - occasionaly Fender produces a bass that can't be faulted, and this is one of them.  Originally owned by Greeneking, who bought it new.  It's a lightweight, and when I got it I swapped the tuners for Gotoh resolite's (which by the way are very nice) to see if it would break the 8lb mark.  I was going to replace the original tuners before taking these pictures, but they're in a "safe place" and where exactly that is escapes me at the moment.  If it sells before I find them I'd like the buyer to return the Gotoh's to me when I forward the original tuners to him. 

The bass is mint - no marks whatsoever.  It's always been kept in it's case when not in use so the nitro has no uneven fading.  All original case candy is there. Peter drilled holes for the bridge tray and did a grand job (unlike most I've seen).  I'm not sure when or why Fender stopped production of these, but since they did there aren't going to be any nicer examples out there.

KxyhpWa.jpg

FpKPX4u.jpg

Q1dVyFr.jpg

Z1pIypT.jpg

9qbYetI.jpg

JDcDFtl.jpg

MHTR1tl.jpg

21DrnpM.jpg

WYqGCV0.jpg

n0VKz4U.jpg

y9wajXq.jpg

sEViTZk.jpg

quQsF0k.jpg

YJ9djXt.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by BB2000
Sold
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Lovely. What’s the nut width on this?

They have a C width neck (1 3/4") which is shallow back to front.  They also have narrow frets, which allows almost fretless like slides (think Dunn's She Caught the Katy).

2 minutes ago, divineinventionband said:

Sorry man my eyesight. Its a beauty. I had a sunburst one before

Me too - sold to drlargepants and then moved on again.

this would be a lovely buddy for my Jazz. Alas...I’m skint.

On 18/03/2018 at 22:56, Kelpie said:

Lovely bass! Is the neck closer to an Avri 58 or a RW pbass? The Avri 58 is a chunky fat neck while the RW was wide and kinda thin. Might be interested depending on the neck. Thank you!

I've never handled a '58 but I would say this neck is thin back to front.  Definitely not chunky.

• 2 weeks later...