Why become a member? ×

Warwick Infinity NT5 Natural Gloss - SOLD
£2000

goblin

It's been up here once or twice before testing the water, but having ordered a new custom bass, this one is definitely, definitely on the market now. I'll be sad to see it go, but needs must!

The bass in hand is a 2006 Warwick Infinity NT5, in a gloss finish.

Condition wise, I'm going to say 9 out of 10, if you've seen my feedback, you'll probably know that I tend to underestimate a bit as I'd rather have a buyer 100% happy with what they get. But ultimately, it's a working bass and it has worked for it's living, so there are a couple of marks on there, but all very minor as I still baby my gear! The most superficial, is some very minor buckle rash on the back, and it has a slight mark just below the bridge too (that's too hard to photograph). Other than that, the bass is pretty much immaculate.

Woods wise, the body is chambered Ovangkol wings, with a AAAA birds eye Maple cap, and birds eye Maple thru-neck, which is 7 piece, with Wenge accents. The fretboard, unlike usual Warwicks, is actually ebony. The bass start life as a fretless, and at some point before I bought it, was professionally converted to a fretted bass. To be honest, I didn't know it had been done, and being very picky with how my instruments play, there are no tell tales to say it was fretless. But, the ebony 'board makes it sound better than any other Warwick / Infinity I've played, that, and it's a very robust wood, with robust stainless steel frets, which have got no wear too. They're also much easier to keep clean, because as nice as the bell brass Warwick frets are, they rapidly go dull with use.

The finish on the bass is a 2 pack clear lacquer. I had this done at the end of 2015 by Brian Eastwood guitars (if you haven't heard of them, I highly suggest checking them out. It wasn't a cheap job, but it's not a cheap bass). This was purely done to protect the wood, as being a players' bass, I wanted to protect the longevity of the instrument, and pale woods are noted for not looking great after a while if untreated. Whilst it was in, I also had them remove Warwick's laughable excuse for a barrel jack, notorious for failure (it's had 4 replacements in my time with it!), and a Neutrik locking jack was properly fitted in it's place. This has been absolutely flawless since, and this bass has been played a lot! Also, the plastic Just - A - Nut was replaced with a brass Just - A - Nut III, that and Warwick 5s are noted for being a bit tight on the bridges for B and E strings. The bridge has been properly filed during a setup to allow wider strings to fit with ease (I wasn't giving on Elixirs that easily!)

As I've already said, the bass has worked for a living and I've described it as accurately as possible, but I've made sure it's stayed in fine fettle, receiving a full setup every six months without fail. It's always been transported in good cases too, and has never been dropped. Included in the sale is the original service pack it came with, and it'll be in the Warwick issue flight case too.  

I'll be sad to see it go, but needs must now. I'm asking for £2000, which considering the new price of these is very fair, and also taking into account the work it has had done. I'm based in North Manchester, but with being on the road, chances are I can bring it somewhere or meet part way. Failing that, I'm willing to package it up and ship it, fully insured to the value of the bass. That can be negotiated :) Strictly no trades on this one, cash is king!

I do have some sound clips available of it too. Any questions, just feel free to ask! 

38846259690_a2688752b5_b.jpgUntitled by Dave Butterworth, on Flickr

25785843717_e65ef7ab22_b.jpgUntitled by Dave Butterworth, on Flickr

40614657532_5f17be105c_b.jpgUntitled by Dave Butterworth, on Flickr

39946828184_710d7feb0e_b.jpgUntitled by Dave Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by goblin

• 3 weeks later...