Why become a member? ×

Last man standing ploy?

BaggyMan

Seriously considering a last man standing clearout.

Over the last half year or so I have accumulated just too much i am a terrible magpie for all things bass..

I currently own 3 five strings, 4 four strings and a fretless, 2  (2*12) cabs a 4*10 and a markbas 2*10 original cab that needs reconing.  Various pedal and assorted emphemera...

Kind of tempted to put the whole lot up for sale a keep the last 5 stringer, last 4 stringer and last cab. 

Kind let the fates decide....anyone else tried something like this???  regetted it? great idea?

3 minutes ago, BaggyMan said:

I currently own 3 five strings, 4 four strings and a fretless, 2  (2*12) cabs a 4*10 and a markbas 2*10 original cab that needs reconing.  Various pedal and assorted emphemera...

Lightweight :D

Always a therapeutic thing, and then you can buy more toys.

Take 2 of your basses as examples. Toss a coin. Heads you sell bass a, tails it's bass b. If you're disappointed by the result of your coin toss your original idea has a pretty significant flaw! If not then I don't see anything wrong with having somebody else make your decision for you.

The only way we could sensibly comment is if you were to list* all your gear for us to GAS over and send you PMs on the sly...:D

*assuming you're "fully paid up", of course, otherwise the Mods will be on your case!

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

The only way we could sensibly comment is if you were to list* all your gear for us to GAS over and send you PMs on the sly...:D

*assuming you're "fully paid up", of course, otherwise the Mods will be on your case!

Yep, we are always watching. :crazy:

lol.  Yes all paid up.

Just floating the idea, market is tough atm (hence a lot of sitting around wondering what will sell I suspect)  and in the end I would land up with 'what people dont want' so still mulling the approach.  Clear out is coming though, just the mechanism to execute it.

Having a clearout is great for you. The therapeutic thing is true.

Whittle it right down. Feel good for a bit. Then build it all back up again when gas sets back in.

Ive had a different bass and amp set up for every band ive been in, whilst selling on the previous set up. It feels great.

Edited by la bam

14 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

or you can store them at different places and then it doesnt look so bad:D. I have some at my gaff and the rest at my girlfriend's . She actually likes them being there and says I should hang them on her living room wall.

Um... Has she put a ring on it yet?  That sounds like the precursor to co-habitation.  Just saying.

2 hours ago, Bolo said:

I can only recommend it

IMG_20180308_082941.jpg

Yes fine.

Until she kicks you out for looking sideways in the wrong direction and threatens to smash-up the wall display because she felt the look of the place needed 'freshening up'!  (Rubs temples and chants)  I'm going to retire to my special place for a bit.

22 hours ago, BaggyMan said:

Seriously considering a last man standing clearout.

Over the last half year or so I have accumulated just too much i am a terrible magpie for all things bass..

Kind of tempted to put the whole lot up for sale a keep the last 5 stringer, last 4 stringer and last cab. 

Kind let the fates decide....anyone else tried something like this???  regetted it? great idea?

let the market decide. Plus if you get interest in certain items, your reaction will tell you how much you want to let it go...

I'm well overdue for a clearout (of basses....).  I only use the 2 'cheapies (an MM US Sub and a Squier Mustang) for gigs, a Ric and 2 very nice Rays end up sat under the bed.  I keep convincing myself that I'll turn them into a nice Telescope or something down the line when my gigging days are over but I'm not sure who I'm trying to convince.  One thing for sure is that as long as they stay as basses and not cash the wife can't spend em....

I had a clear out of pedals last year cutting down from 9 to just three at one point... Two dirt and a tuner

Sold everything and bought the two dirt pedals I was gasing for then replaced the one modulation effect, flanger, that I felt was missing after the clear out.  Didn't miss anything else even though they all got used.... Just because they were there. 

Feel better for it, streamlined my effects chain and had some change to invest in other hobbies. 👍