Why become a member? ×

Question for Zoom B3N or MS-60B owners

reesource

I'm looking for something that can give me a slow attack - like the attack setting on the POG 2, where you can simulate a sidechained effect. Can the SlowATTCK effect on the Zoom achieve this? Is the maximum attack time long enough?

Cheers,

Steve 

Edited by reesource
Title changed

That would be awesome, thanks!

What I'm looking for is a slow attack to replicate the sidechain compression used in a lot of dance music. So rather than setting up a compressor with a kick drum mic routed to the sidechain input, causing the volume to dip each time the kick is played, I want to have a slow attack each time I play a note, to give the same effect. Does that make sense?

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone who stumbles across this topic wondering the same thing, DON'T get a Zoom if you want a nice predictable, smooth fade in on each note! It seems to react unpredictably, even when the input is as consistent as I can possibly make it. Some notes will trigger it (but with a click at the beginning, as it starts from full volume and cuts it to zero when it detects an incoming note, so you still often get the initial attack) and some won't. There's no control for setting the sensitivity (ie. the level at which the pedal detects the attack of a note) so unfortunately I can't get it to do what I want it to do. Bummer.