Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Custom Spalted Maple Jazz
£300

HotTraveler

*Comes with Warwick Rockbag*

Selling my Custom Built Spalted Maple Jazz bass

It's a fantastic sounding "super" jazz which I've owned for quite a while now, however, I'll be moving out of the UK soon so ideally would need this gone so I can purchase a short scale bass perhaps.

This bass was built by members of the site I believe, using various high-quality parts

It really does look great with the spalted maple and flame maple neck combo. Sound's quite Marcus Miller-y.

The specs:

• Spalted maple top
  • Mahogany body
  • Flame maple neck with F***** decal
  • Wilkinson black/brass bridge
  • MEC p/ups,
  • Copper shielded cavity Carvin active-passive (vol-pull) circuit
  • Hipshot D-tuner
  • 3 band EQ
  • Volume knob and pickup blending knob

Condition:

The condition overall is OK, there is a slight chip to the lacquer on the headstock near the 1st tuning peg which is very unnoticeable.  There is a slight ding near the third fret, by the fret markers of the neck, the mahogany body has various small scratches/ dents which I guess is due to mahogany being a softer wood. (this is the back of the bass so you cant see it).

The only Issue with this bass:

The push/ pull knob which allows you to go from passive to active doesn't work, the bass is currently always in passive mode. When I received the bass in a trade it was fine, however, it had stopped working a few months back. Not sure as to why this happened but I've not bothered to fix it myself as I prefer using it in passive. Could be an easy job for a luthier? Anyway, I've reflected this issue in the price, and so it is priced at a low £300.

Would Ideally like it to be collected, based in West Midlands, Dudley (quite close to Birmingham). 

Will be uploading better photos, Message for any more info.

Bass will most definitely need a set up.

awp0ys.jpg

ohqmvn.jpg

311nv69.jpg

n6n1v.jpg

jzva6t.jpg

Collection only Please.

Edited by HotTraveler
TITLE CHANGE. Price Change

9 hours ago, HotTraveler said:

The push/ pull knob which allows you to go from passive to active doesn't work, the bass is currently always in passive mode..............

Assume you've checked the battery (?). IIRC this was a 'BassDoc' instrument which I bought from marcus like this (below) and then changed to the current specs/look (neck, black hardware) apart from the de-tuner which was added later (do you also have the standard 'E' tuner?). Used to have a substantial flight-case, but that was a bit heavy/awkward :-

MVC-183S.JPG

MVC-184S.JPG

MVC-187S.JPG

• Thanks 1

Hi, thank you for the additional pictures. I have checked the battery compartment, and have tested multiple batteries but it doesn't work. I don't really want to try and repair it myself incase I mess something up. Yes, I believe this is a bass built by 'BassDoc'. I have the standard tuner aswell as the detainer, the standard tuner will be included in sale.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sure this was one of mine at some point, beautiful beast it's sounds great if the one I had and plays like a dream if it was a 5 stringer this would now be sold to me, glwts

Edited by kevvo66

• 3 weeks later...

Have a bump, it was mine, it was built by the bass doc if my memory serves me well I think it's also got kiogon wiring loom also, and I fitted standard tuners, it did have a drop D tuner also sounds like a flat battery, I'm very tempted, this was very Marcus Miller sounding and it wasn't a pertculiar heavy bass, hope that helps a bit, glwts