Why become a member? ×

FT/FS Custom 6 strings bass 32" scale - €650 shipped

Matte_black

Don't know if it can be interesting... but I have a 5er with 21 frets and 35" scale that only needs the pickup (routed for a Barts MV5 that I had to use on another bass). Completely made of Padouk, very aggressive sounding. The LowB is nicest.
I usually need 30 days for a custom build.

The 6er and this fiver are the only "stock bass" at the moment. I also had an 8 strings fretless but it's gone to Hong Kong weeks ago :) and my last 4 strings went to Netherlands. I'll try to find the short video clip I made with the 5er. It's a pretty nice bass but Padouk body isn't for very "boomy" tones... it always delivers a pretty dry voice. The 6er is the ultimate Fusion or Jazz bass IMHO. I was thinking about an affiliates forum but all of this started with a trade feeler, so I'm not really trying to wake up anybody's G.A.S. :huh:
Tomorrow I should also start building necks for a couple of new stock basses: a 32" scale with Afzelia body, Afzelia/Wengé neck and Wengé board and a 30" scale Ash bodied bass with Padouk/Wengé neck and (probably) Cocobolo fingerboard. In a week or so I should also have a new prototype called "Stratos", made with Olivewood body and Wengé/Cherry neck and Ebony board. It has the carved upper horn and is my smallest body style (30cm wide in the larger part).

If you are interested in trying one of my basses... I have a nice customer in Scotland that would be glad to let you play his CT Tribute 4 strings. I know it's a long shot but who knows? :huh:

Edited by Matte_black

[quote name='Matte_black' post='336587' date='Nov 25 2008, 07:59 PM']It looks like the 6er is gone, pending payment... :)[/quote]
Awesome, hope the new owner is in the UK. I'm sure there might be a few curious peeps at the next bass bash :huh:. BTW can u get super low action on your instruments?