Why become a member? ×

Any Marcus Miller fans in?

Big_Stu

Seen him a few times, and I don't like slap at all, but it's really part of his sound and musical. The price tag is high simply because it's Ronnie Scott's.. Around £35 GBP over here in Luxemburg !

If you have the opportunity to see him, go you won't be disappointed.

Overkill !

1 minute ago, skidder652003 said:

ooof thats high, Im seeing the Stones in september for £15 more...

I've seen AC/DC 3 times and they were £75 each time. I like Marcus though, bet he sounds great live.

5 minutes ago, PawelG said:

I've seen AC/DC 3 times and they were £75 each time. I like Marcus though, bet he sounds great live.

true enough, seems a bit steep though but most acts these days are pricey, no money in the music sales etc...

saying that I'd have paid £45 to see Steve Gadd anyday (now sold out :(

Edited by skidder652003

I agree he’s very musical in his slap playing. Really don’t like him though, and that’s really expensive. Even if you live in London you’ve got travelling costs there, then drinks and maybe something to eat:

I only paid £40 for my Steven Wilson ticket for the royal Albert hall, with Richard Barberi supporting.

2 hours ago, Hellzero said:

........The price tag is high simply because it's Ronnie Scott's...........

Yeah, I've been there a few times to see Cropper in recent years. Tiny (200) compact & bijou venue, but very strange set up. Costly because they know it will sell out either way - and you're seated depending on how well the staff think you present yourself! 

At least it's known he's touring then so other likely venues could be checked upon.

1 hour ago, ambient said:

I agree he’s very musical in his slap playing. Really don’t like him though, and that’s really expensive. Even if you live in London you’ve got travelling costs there, then drinks and maybe something to eat:

I only paid £40 for my Steven Wilson ticket for the royal Albert hall, with Richard Barberi supporting.

I will not see Steven Wilson over here in Luxemburg next Saturday, the venue being too small it's been sold out in a snap, but my wife and I are going to see Gary Numan this Friday just ... 40 years too late, but a least, we'll have seen him once. :crazy:

• Like 1

Huge fan, seen him many times at venues such as the Jazz Cafe, Barbican and The Forum. 

Too pricey for me though, I’ll wait for the dvd! 

Plus.....

Only £35 for Omat Hakim with Linley Marthe!!

Edited by woodster

12 hours ago, Hellzero said:

I will not see Steven Wilson over here in Luxemburg next Saturday, the venue being too small it's been sold out in a snap, but my wife and I are going to see Gary Numan this Friday just ... 40 years too late, but a least, we'll have seen him once. :crazy:

Numan still puts on a very good show, I think you'll enjoy it :)

BTW his Daughter often does backing vocals.

• Thanks 1