Why become a member? ×

Can't source a case or bag

Baxlin

As title, really, I've just replaced my EB-3 with a long scale 335-bodied semi acoustic bass, but I can't find either a gig bag or a hard case to fit it.  I'm currently using a well padded acoustic bass bag, but it's far too big really, and those for solids are not quite wide enough.

Any recommendations, please?

I may finish up making my own hard case, but this is a last resort.

Thanks in advance.

Malcolm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for the replies, I’ve been abroad for best part of a month with little or no 'net hence not replying, sorry.

T-bay, the dimensions are overall length 41" (125cm), max width 16" (41cm) which is about 8"(20cm) from the tailpiece end.  Semi-hollow bodyplus vol/tone knobs.

Thanks again

49 minutes ago, Baxlin said:

Hi, thanks for the replies, I’ve been abroad for best part of a month with little or no 'net hence not replying, sorry.

T-bay, the dimensions are overall length 41" (125cm), max width 16" (41cm) which is about 8"(20cm) from the tailpiece end.  Semi-hollow bodyplus vol/tone knobs.

Thanks again

Sorry,  my one went last week. Good luck with the search.

I've got a Hiscox case suggested by Three - https://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/hiscox-standard-bass-guitar-hard-shell-case-std45ebp.html - just checked to see if would hold my Epi Dot 335 Geeetar which has a body about the same size as the JC bass - it doesn't fit.

I bought a case for my JC from Steve Chowny - the cases he uses with his semi acoustics are a perfect fit.

14 hours ago, TheGreek said:

I've got a Hiscox case suggested by Three - https://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/hiscox-standard-bass-guitar-hard-shell-case-std45ebp.html - just checked to see if would hold my Epi Dot 335 Geeetar which has a body about the same size as the JC bass - it doesn't fit.

I bought a case for my JC from Steve Chowny - the cases he uses with his semi acoustics are a perfect fit.

It's Chown. Not Chowny. And Stephen. Not Steve. ;-) 

That aside - don't count on a reliable source of the long scale Semi-Acoustic cases. We got them from the factory in China, and we've moved production for the 2018 stuff to India. So I find myself in a position of being unable to supply cases for my own guitars. Awkward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chownybass said:

It's Chown. Not Chowny. And Stephen. Not Steve. ;-) 

That aside - don't count on a reliable source of the long scale Semi-Acoustic cases. We got them from the factory in China, and we've moved production for the 2018 stuff to India. So I find myself in a position of being unable to supply cases for my own guitars. Awkward.

Sorry, sorry and sorry.....:$

I didn't do too good on that post did I??:D