Why become a member? ×

Hi from an old rocker....

Baxlin

Good morning all, just joined the forum, although I've been playing bass guitar for a while now.

I was in bands as long ago as the 60s, sitting behind a drum kit in those days, but fed up of carrying all the gear, and with the length of time it took to set up, etc, I taught myself to play guitar.

Years later, when my younger daughter was taking A level flute, and playing in a church band which had no bass player, this was my chance to learn bass!  Still play regularly to congregations of a couple of hundred plus.

Recently helped form a jamming band, three of us in our 70s, one aged 65, and the 'baby' in his late 50s as vocalist . Very fortunate to have a fully equipped - PA, amps, drum kit etc - garden room to rehearse in.

I've just 'retired' my Epiphone EB-3, and bought a long scale semi-acoustic '335' bodied bass, mainly because I found the solid to be a bit too heavy.

As I'm a member on various other, albeit mainly motoring, forums (fora?) I'm looking forward to joining in discussions/banter on here.

Malcolm