Why become a member? ×

G&L 5500 Trans Red for sale
£600

Rob Wallace

Selling my beloved Trans Red G&L 5500 bass. It has been my trusted instrument for many years but has not been used for some time now so have decided to sell it.

It is a great looking instrument. The transparent red finish really shows off the grain of the swamp ash body and you can see where the holes were filled in on the back where the metal template was originally screwed to the wood (G&L instruments are hand made). It has a maple neck with rosewood fingerboard and dot inlays. G&L open-gear tuning machine heads with clover keys. 1 7/8” nut width. 34” scale length. It features two EMG active humbuckers with volume control, pick up blending control and a dual tone pot for treble (centre pot) and bass (outer pot). It is a surprisingly versatile instrument and sounds as good as it looks. It weighs 10 lbs 1 oz

The bass is in very good condition but it does have some minor wear and tear on the back as this has been a gigged instrument, mainly the neck plate being worn by belt buckles . I have included photos to show this. Also, the treble tone pot is loose. Both tone pots are fully functioning but I have factored this into the asking price. The instrument has been set up by a qualified Luthier ready for sale.

The original G&L hard case is included. It is missing two feet (see pics) but still in good condition with all clasps working and an excellent interior. The case is lockable and the key is included. Also included is the original certificate, manual and allan keys for the instrument. As I mentioned earlier, G&L instruments are hand made using the traditional luthier techniques so each instrument is unique and has its own certificate of manufacture. 

Shipping is included in the price to anywhere in the UK.

Price: £600.00 ono.

This is an excellent instrument for any collector or for someone looking for a hand made 5 string bass in the original Fender style (the 'L' in G&L stands for Leo Fender).

G&L Red 1.jpg

G&L Red 2.jpg

G&L Red 3.jpg

G&L Red 4.jpg

G&L Red 5.jpg

G&L Red 6.jpg

G&L Red 7.jpg

G&L Red 8.jpg

G&L Red 9.jpg

G&L Red 10.JPG

G&L Red 11.JPG

G&L Red 12.JPG