Why become a member? ×

Eden Nemesis 10's

theminsky

I love my wee combo but one of the speakers on the 2 x10 configuration started crackling at a gig yesterday. I noodled with the wire going from terminal to cone and it stopped but I fear it is temporary. If I have to replace the speaker, should I go the whole hog and get the neo light weight ? What is recommended to lighten the load and keep the quality of sound I have?

Contact Eden and ask for their opinion would be mys suggestion. The theory is swapping cones is hit & miss, it can work, or it can really foul up, as there`s a lot of science involved in matching cones to cab size. That said, sometimes in theory it might not have worked, but to the ears it has, so that`s another annoying factor in the way, so get Edens advice - think as Marshall now own them it may be they who field such enquiries.

21 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Contact Eden and ask for their opinion would be mys suggestion. The theory is swapping cones is hit & miss, it can work, or it can really foul up, as there`s a lot of science involved in matching cones to cab size. That said, sometimes in theory it might not have worked, but to the ears it has, so that`s another annoying factor in the way, so get Edens advice - think as Marshall now own them it may be they who field such enquiries.

If comes to having to change a speaker(s), I agree but it sounds like it could just be a dry joint on the terminal block. A simple re-solder job.