Why become a member? ×

Ibanez U.K. Are rubbish

alembic1989

Headstock didn't bother to reply to my email asking where I could buy strings for my Mikro Bass, nor the second, nor the third, nor answer the phone, nor reply to message left on answerphone

Sold the bass, and won't buy anything they distribute again

I expected better because they were helpful to Dawson's when I asked them to see if they could get some parts for my old Ergodyne bass 10 years ago

I've never had any dealings with them personally did you check to see if they were they actually open for business? Some firms don't go back to work until tomorrow after the holidays and even the ones that have just gone back may have a huge backlog of messages waiting to clear. I considered myself lucky to get QSC between Christmas & New Year.

A quick browse brought these up and there's also a Talkbs thread here with suggestions

Edited by Delberthot

2 hours ago, Delberthot said:

I've never had any dealings with them personally did you check to see if they were they actually open for business? Some firms don't go back to work until tomorrow after the holidays and even the ones that have just gone back may have a huge backlog of messages waiting to clear. I considered myself lucky to get QSC between Christmas & New Year.

A quick browse brought these up and there's also a Talkbs thread here with suggestions

many months ago, not in holiday season, emails over the course of more than a month, so no excuses; rather than just say we don't stock Mikro strings or there will be a long wait getting them or they are nla they just ignored me. I can find strings myself but I thought I'd ask the people who supplied the instrument originally, if you can't support it then why sell it in the first place, that's just selling boxes any idiot can do that, and lots do; then they wonder why Tescos sell guitars

On 05/03/2018 at 21:36, alembic1989 said:

Fair point.

But the guy in sales didn't even know what I was talking about.....that can't be right..I expected that at least.

Would you expect a current 20 something Ford salesman to know what a P100 was?

Nope. It was discontinued before he was born. It has no relevance to his job, and as said above if Ibby Japan haven’t released any official info yet then why would he know about rumoured new stuff?

Basses are a hobby for you - it is how you escape from work. For him it’s a job and at 5pm he probably doesn’t give a stinky poo until 9am again. Instruments are what he escapes from!  And I couldn’t blame him. 

• Like 1

shouldn't work in sales if you don't love the product and be prepared to put a bit of effort in to get the sale or even just help the potential customer as good service is recognised, bit like karma; can always Google P100 and  ask a colleague imho

2 hours ago, Aidan63 said:

shouldn't work in sales if you don't love the product and be prepared to put a bit of effort in to get the sale or even just help the potential customer as good service is recognised, bit like karma; can always Google P100 and  ask a colleague imho

Shouldn't work in sales if you don't like the product?

That's very naïve.

Many people are in jobs they don't like. Why should sales be any different?

I've got a mate who is very good at selling a very particular product - penile implants for injury and cancer sufferers. I bet he's hoping he will never need to find out if he likes the product.

Yes Mr Ford Sales could google P100. And then when there is nothing around to inform him of a new model what do you propose he does? Get up at 3am to phone Ford HQ in the USA to demand they tell Mr Shop-Floor all about their plans to divulge it to a customer ahead of an official release?

That's more likely to get the salesman fired. 

On 01/01/2019 at 17:42, NancyJohnson said:

A while back my old band were supporting a three piece punk band and their bass player was using an Affirma (or whatever it was called back then).  No qualms about how it sounded, but it was the most ridiculous looking bass I'd seen in a while, especially in a punk band.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks they're fugly 

21 hours ago, alembic1989 said:

I still haven't seen or heard about the new Affirma range...they were meant to be launched in autumn 2018.

There are links to them in the new Ibby range, & a PMT preorder listing upthread, posted on Jan 1st. No fretless version though.