Why become a member? ×

Zoom B1 on. Sliced Bread for bassists.

stewblack

Isn't the B1on just the best value for money thing any bassist could ever buy? After my Vox amplug suffered a prolapsed input due to me standing on my cable I recalled folk here saying the Zoom can do the same job and more. At £45 I thought why not take a punt. I'm stunned. It is a superb piece of kit. Perfect headphone amp, with aux input. Now with Audacity on my pc and this beauty connected to the sound card song learning has never been so easy.

Oh and it has an excellent tuner too.

Oh and the effects are really nice and easily customisable.

And did I mention it only cost me 45 quid? Brand new?

In the future people will describe any wonderful and innovative novelty as "The best thing since Zoom B1on" trust me.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ProjeKtWEREWOLF said:

I bought one last week for use as a headphone amp and practice tool. I'm finding the drums/rhythms very useful. 

Excellent value for money. 

Yes I hadn't even thought to mention the drum machine and looper functions!

I have the expression pedal B1Xon and the main use of the pedal is for volume :D Although I have been known to link it to the gain function of the SansAmp-a-like to add grit, quite a useful feature.

The controls are a bit pesky for editing sometimes but I can't really complain, only paid £35 for mine!

Massive bonus is the ability to power off USB, no more searching for a 9V adapter!

Prefer the form factor of the MS60 B and the fact they have metal cases but for half the price.. plus with the MS60 you can only advance patches with the switch not go back and forth as needed. Same sound quality though.

1 hour ago, gary mac said:

I was very cynical prior to getting one, just couldn't believe that something at that price point could be any good. Excellent piece of kit and stupendously good value.

I bought it as an alternative to the Vox Amplug. I was not expecting much to be honest, as I remember my brother having a guitar zoom in the early 2000s. It was horrible. This is good though.