Why become a member? ×

*** SOLD *** Barefaced 610 "the 69-er"
£600

Happy Jack

I bought this a few years ago to pair with my Matamp GT100. Since the Matamp is now up for sale, I guess this has to go too.

5a9d440d97d20_ForSale(15).thumb.JPG.cbb1ee367b0d82724ca6b5f7024becb3.JPG

There can't be many on Basschat who don't know about Barefaced cabs. This one has five speakers dedicated to solely the low frequencies, plus one which sort-of acts as a tweeter. Ish. Alex Claber will be along in a while to explain that properly.

It goes very, very loud. It sounds very, very lush. It's a very, very good match for an old-school valve amp, but it also sounds great with my Streamliner (valve pre + Class D) and previously with my Tonehammer (all solid state).

It's ridiculously light for a 610, plus it's on wheels so it's a very easy tow across the pub car park.

5a9d44cccd86a_ForSale(16).thumb.JPG.03567998791ed628544ac02f4373173f.JPG

It's in good, fully-functional condition BUT it's not perfect. There are scuffs and marks, and the finish has chipped slightly on the front (see photo below). It's been gigged - what can I say?

The finish on the front would be an easy touch-up with a tin of black gloss or Hammerite. I haven't done that because I have no problem with properly earned scuffs and scratches ... it's relic'ing that I hate!

5a9d454e830a8_ForSale(21).thumb.JPG.d209eaa7e0a7b48dded48dd382eea8b0.JPG

This cab is collection only, natch, from Harrow HA1.

Late edit - someone has just reminded me that this cab is officially a 69-er rather than merely a 610.

Edited by Happy Jack
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

This cab is collection only, natch, from Harrow HA1.

Following a PM, I should clarify.

I deal face-to-face with other Basschatters, have done for 12 years now. For me, "collection" means collection in person by a Basschatter, who will try out the kit before putting his hand in his pocket, and then drive away a happy man. Or, indeed, woman.

It does NOT mean me sitting in all day wondering whether someone else's courier will bother to show up, and if they do whether they'll show some respect to whatever they're collecting.

Sorry and all that.

:)

• Like 2

On 3/5/2018 at 18:49, Happy Jack said:

Following a PM, I should clarify.

I deal face-to-face with other Basschatters, have done for 12 years now. For me, "collection" means collection in person by a Basschatter, who will try out the kit before putting his hand in his pocket, and then drive away a happy man. Or, indeed, woman.

It does NOT mean me sitting in all day wondering whether someone else's courier will bother to show up, and if they do whether they'll show some respect to whatever they're collecting.

Sorry and all that.

:)

Good for you mate!!  Nice to meet you and Bluejay at Olympia btw.