Why become a member? ×

Matamp GT100
£1000

Happy Jack

Ah well, the day has finally come.

This is the lightest Matamp in captivity, made for me by those lovely chaps in Huddersfield because of my bad back.

It's in perfect working order and has never missed a beat. Gorgeous, chocolate-y bass tones which simply fill any venue in the nicest possible way.

And being a 100W rather than the 200W of, say, an equivalent Orange, you don't need the same killing volume to get a nice valve break-up.

5a9d420e8411e_ForSale(18).thumb.JPG.1ae87cc811178dae42c8226d9b1e03dd.JPG

Essentially it's a one-off build which is a GT100 in a much lighter box than usual, but still rugged as hell.

In the unlikely event that you don't already know this, it's the original 1960s all-valve bass head which was also marketed as the Orange AD100 and AD200 (more valves!) before the two firms went their separate ways.

5a9d427ec6f2b_ForSale(15).thumb.JPG.0cb13598af1068ae01abaf0c9dcc3eed.JPG

The model bass player is there to provide a sense of scale, as is the Barefaced 610 (now for sale too).

Comes complete with a rather nice flightcase.

5a9d42c9cfc38_ForSale(25).thumb.JPG.758fd42b648e520eb9ca68b85a638243.JPG

This amp is collection only, natch, from Harrow HA1.

Edited by Happy Jack

Following a PM, I should clarify.

I deal face-to-face with other Basschatters, have done for 12 years now. For me, "collection" means collection in person by a Basschatter, who will try out the kit before putting his hand in his pocket, and then drive away a happy man. Or, indeed, woman.

It does NOT mean me sitting in all day wondering whether someone else's courier will bother to show up, and if they do whether they'll show some respect to whatever they're collecting.

Sorry and all that.

:)

So some Saturdays  I pop in to have a natter and a brew with an old school mate as he's usually  to be found in his workshop when I do my supermarket  shopping next door,   he bought the  company off Mathias's widow when he passed,

MATAMP

I have one of their rigs too, but not for bass,   can't go wrong with their kit. Someone  is going to be pleased with this.

Seeing as it was out of the casing anyway, I took the opportunity to experiment with different preamp valves. What fun it is! :biggrin:

Swopping in/out a bunch of AT7s, AU7s, ECC83s etc., and trying them in P1 or P2, and getting very different results from different combinations. Not my usual idea of a fun Bank Holiday, but actually this was genuinely enjoyable.

It also reminded me that, if & when this sells, I will have no further use for my (small) collection of high-quality preamp valves, so I may as well include them in this sale - no extra charge.

• 4 weeks later...