Why become a member? ×

Spare power supply cables - do they exist?

MonkeyTrick

This morning I've been looking for some spare 5.5 X 2.1 cables for my Hot Stone Deluxe, however there seems to be almost none available online. 

Is this an obscure conspiracy to get us buying more brand new power supplies?  Am I a Google white belt? Is the answer embarrassingly obvious? Perhaps all three.

Surely it's not just me that has had to replace these things. Seems you can buy some Voodoo Labs ones on eBay for a huge markup but that's not really fair after shelling out over a ton in the first place.

Has anyone else had this problem?

HotRox stock the full set of Cioks cables... Not sure about other brands, but if yours uses a phono plug then they will work. Simple option is to contact the vendor and ask them, they should be able to direct you to a UK dealer who will either have them in stock or can order them in.

Pretty sure the Hotstone deluxe is a normal kettle cable, surely most will do?!

i interchange cables between 2 combo amps and a powered monitor with no hassle.

Cioks are the only monkeys that have a clover leaf and are a pain, but great power supplies

12 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

Pretty sure the Hotstone deluxe is a normal kettle cable, surely most will do?!

i interchange cables between 2 combo amps and a powered monitor with no hassle.

Cioks are the only monkeys that have a clover leaf and are a pain, but great power supplies

Yep! I didnt mean the kettle though but the 5.5 X 2.1 cables between the pedals and the supply :)

I’ve bought plenty of 2.1mm power cables, couplers, adapters etc from an eBay store called Plugz2Go. I messed up one of my orders (ordered 2.5mm connectors by mistake) and they were really great about changing my order and dispatching everything quickly once the changes had been made.

28 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

Ooops sorry!

perils of not reading properly when you are supposed to be working!

Thanks for trying to help ! Felt a bit lost with this earlier. No reply from the corp email yet.

29 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

I’ve bought plenty of 2.1mm power cables, couplers, adapters etc from an eBay store called Plugz2Go. I messed up one of my orders (ordered 2.5mm connectors by mistake) and they were really great about changing my order and dispatching everything quickly once the changes had been made.

Excellent! Thanks for the recommendation. I know it seems (read:is) incredibly naive but I wanted to check if generics are going to do the same job as the official ones but I'll give the shop you suggested a go.

99% of these power cables are mass produced somewhere in the Far East, regardless of whether they’ve come bundled with a top end Voodoo Labs PSU, a Harley Benton PSU, a basic 1Spot daisy chain or from an independent eBay seller. I’ve had zero issues so far with mine. They’ll do the job!

• 2 weeks later...