Why become a member? ×

MM sabre - withdrawn
£1500

Music Man Sabre Bass '79

Cool old Music Man Sabre, made in 1979.

The sounds of this Sabre really kicks donkey, it has a great full agressive sound I really like. Its just awesome through my ebs fafner with eden 210xlt. I find it a much more versatile bass than the stingray. Of course it can sound like a ray (at least to my ears) with only the bridge pickup active, and bass and treble boosted. The neck pickup adds some nice, warmer other sound possibilities.

Though I really dig the sounds coming fron the sabre, I find it not as comfortable to play as my precision bass. The action on my P special goes very low which I like a lot. The Sabre doesnt go as low without buzz. Besides that the (kinda flat backed and undeep) neck profile doesnt feel as it was made for me, cant really explain why...like the fenders better. So thats why Im thinking about selling it. 

14pXXvI.jpg

0YiVLdb.jpg

5hIGCKI.jpg

0VbRMGd.jpg

W7NY4hZ.jpg

hWCjbVB.jpg

gJHAlyI.jpg

iQ2MR0A.jpg

sjYwuY6.jpg

Mud2Y9E.jpg

This sabre almost reaches the age of 40 years, so it has its wear from decades of use. Most visible is the buckle wear on the back of the body. Further on there are several smaller damages on several places of the body. Fine lacquer cracking is to be found at sides of most frets. The neck has a brass nut. The bridge saddle of the A string had been replaced by a previous owner.

The sabre has gotten a full fret dress by a professional luthier about 2 months ago. There are fairly new strings on it.

The sabre weighs about 4.5 kg.

The pictured case is a late 70s Fender, and is not included in the sale. Though it might be possible to buy it along when the bass must be shipped.

Im not completely sure if I really want to sell it, but at first I want to see if there is any interest in this bass at my price. 

The bass will not leave at a lower price point.

Price: £1.500

The Music Man is located in the Netherlands. Several shipping options possible at buyers risk and costs.

Will post some extra pictures in daylight later this week.

Might consider trades/partial trades; Fender 60s specd jazz or original early 70s, older precision or CAR/rosewood precision special, mustang bass, rickenbacker....... I like the traditional stuff;).

Edited by SurroundedByManatees
  • Like 2