Why become a member? ×

GAS For an Ibanez BTB

CobiaMatt

10 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Aha - so you're an exclusively 6 string bassist?! Are you playing in any bands and, if so, and uploaded material of you playing? (My Yammy is a BB1025).

These days yeah, I made the leap a few months back and I've basically only played 6 strings since. Not at the moment, I keep trying to start a band but people my age have a habit of being flakey! Maybe I should find a nice "old fart band" xD The BBs look cool but I've not had a chance to try one yet

9 minutes ago, LegateNaarifin said:

These days yeah, I made the leap a few months back and I've basically only played 6 strings since. Not at the moment, I keep trying to start a band but people my age have a habit of being flakey! Maybe I should find a nice "old fart band" xD The BBs look cool but I've not had a chance to try one yet

I suspect there is going to significant demand from talented folk looking to join an 'old fart band'! We had 40 guitarists auditioning for one of my two covers bands recently and the guy who we took on wasn't the showy 27 year old but but a 59 year old who's just turned 60 who outplayed all the youngsters! 

If you're anywhere close to central London you're very welcome to pop over to try out my Yammy BB.

On 08/03/2018 at 18:32, CameronJ said:

A year or two ago it was Nords across th whole “premium” range, but with the latest generation it seems Ibanez have gone for Aggies in all the BTB premiums and Nords in the SR premiums. I can understand why they did it as it’s another big contributing factor in differentiating between the two models. Not necessarily ideal for those of us who, for example, may prefer the BTB body shape but the tone of Nordstrands! No doubt you’ll be getting a killer sounding bass though, regardless of pickup brand. 

I’ve had a couple of BTB’s in the past, a 4 and a 5 String.  Great quality and really felt right.  However, I decided last year that I’m strictly a 4 player so I’m a little disappointed that the new BTB 4 string isn’t available with the Nords 😟.  I’ve tried them in the SR Premiums and they sound great.

I've got an oldish BTB 456, like this one, tiny bit of neck dive but otherwise I just love it. It has Tomastik flats on it which just seem to suit it perfectly. Sounds good and plays lovely, a definite keeper. Reasonably understated which i like. Fretboard like an aircraft carrier flight deck but I seem to like that as well. £350 with the flats already on it.